Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.66597%

Slingerland 1977 Modern Solo Outfit

With '72ish Gene Krupa Sound King Snare

1 attachments
Kevin
Posted on 15 years ago

VERY NICE!!! Great job, Kevin. The kit looks great. Nice period hardware. Love the snare. How tough was it to replace the pedal strap? Who was the supplier of the new piece? I'm thinking about doing the same job on a pedal. Dang! Nice kit.

Posted on 15 years ago

I got the strap here, it's a Rogers, but fits almost perfectly, just a tad wide, but works very well.

Thanks for the kind words... now that a few pics have been posted, I'll start my search for the heads that suit my ears... probably start with a super kick for the bass and go from there.

Kevin
Posted on 15 years ago

Looks like that snare is a correct era '70s drum. Looks like it has the black / silver badge.

Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks, Rich...

I have mis-quoted the date, sorry... the serial number, 37692 puts it, I think, around 1972 or so....

(I'm editing the original post.....)

I purchased it without the Leedy buttplate or Zoomatic strainer, and added them when I found them...

Still looking for two flush-based cymbal stands and I would like to add a hoop-mounted L-arm for a splash...don't want to drill any holes for a shell-mount.

Kevin
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Near the LAST of the good Slingy's there...the company tanked not long after.....:(

Kev, I may have a vintage Slingy hoop clamp for cymbal arm if you need, but likely it'd be '50's or '60's. E-mail me....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Cool Daddy-o!

Kevin
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here