Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Slingerland 18x20 floor tom

Hi. I'd like any info on this drum I have. It's an 18x20 Slingerland floor tom. It has a metal hoop on top and a wooden hoop on the bottom. It has 20 inch calf skin heads with 'Radio King' stamped on them. It also has what appears to be factory drilled holes in four places for what I believe to be tom leg mounts. These mounts are missing along with the legs. Wrap is good and tight. One lug is cracked, all the rest look good. Hardware is nickle I believe. Any info on history and value would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted on 17 years ago

The badge puts it at about 1951, white marine pearl wrap, very desirable. Nice floor tom, some collector would snatch that up and use it. Good Luck if you sell it.

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 17 years ago

Hi. Yes I thought it was from about 1951. Actually it is for sale and I have it listed on Ebay right now. Thanks.

Posted on 17 years ago

That was sold as a "combo" set...set up to be used as a cocktail drum with the pedal striking upwards or to be used as a regular bass drum...hence the one hoop. It was sold with the four legs, a tom mount, a pedal with bracket for "cocktail" placement, and a snare drum. (I think the snare that came with it was a 13".)

Posted on 17 years ago

Oh, o.k., that makes sence. On the inside reinforceing hoops it has writing in pencil. The top one says "metal", the bottom one is written "wood". I assume this refers to the hoops, and on the interior wall in pencil is written "no cymbal holder". There are no holes for a tom mount but the bottom head does look like it has been hit with a pedal beater. Alright, thanks for the info.

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here