Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Slingereland snare - sensi-temp??

Have a chrome snare I bought in 1972 used, from a college mate. HE stated he bought it in 65 or 64, and as I recall called he said it is a 'Sensi-Temp" ???? and that it was Slingerland's answer to Ludwigs Supersensitive.

Has Black and Brass small oval, with Serial number 223593 - is steel inside, 8 lugs - 5 1/2 (full outside) by 14.

Due to discussions with my son, who is now a beginning drummer - would like to further identify. WAS there a Sensi temp ? How would one know ?

2 attachments
Posted on 18 years ago

Nope, I have never heard of it.

You have a Sound King snare. These are found on Ebay regularly and I have had more then a few pass through the collection.

Slingerlands answer to the Super Sensitive was the Super Sound King. Here is a picture of that drum.

The three drums

1. On top is the Radio King

2. Left bottom is the Sound King

3. Right is the Super Sound King

http://www.vintagesnaredrums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=143

I have a friend sending me another Radio King with the 3-line brass shell for me to look at. I will probably do a new photo shoot with the three matching drums in regards to the 3-line shell

Posted on 18 years ago

VERY much appreciate it - I put a small kit together for my son from stuff I had picked up here and there - the snare is a Leedy and ludwig yellow sparkle finish, matching ride tom, with a Rogers white 'contact paper' bass ...... he freaked a bit when he took the snare to a store for heads and they told him what it was ROFL.

I was never intentionally an avid 'vintage guy - bought what I bought - kept what I liked - dumped FAST what I didnt like - and played it all for 30 to 40 years - LOVE the 'snap' of the Slingerland, and at 50 bucks in 72, dont feel bad what I have in it LOL.

Next to it, I love the sound of my cymbals best - 21, 17, 14 and matched hi-hat 12's - all Avidis Zildian, all made between 1967 and 1971. Bought ones that I felt sounded 'matched/complimetary' to what I had - added a 8 splash after looking for one all these years I thought would 'blend' in 95 or so.

Hope he sticks to it, so I can pass them all on, but wanted to tell him exactly what he was getting.

My memory after 34 years CERTAINLY could have played tricks on me - especially considering it being 1972, and majoring in music ..................

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here