Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.45303%

Slingapan?

Hello

i am new to this forum and the vintage side of drums. I recently aquired a Slingapan (Japanese version of Slingerland i guess) 3 piece kit. I would love to find out more information about these drums. Can somebody direct me to some literature on this company?

Has anybody ever played on these? I was told they sound decent. Any help would be much appreciated. thanks.

here are two pics of the kit:

It has a few ludwig parts on it and its a bit beat up but here it is.

[IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b34/blairtoews/100_4559.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b34/blairtoews/100_4562.jpg[/IMG]

Posted on 17 years ago

First off welcome to the forum. As far as what you have there.As you said a 60's Japanese Stencil Kit.Nothing grand by any means but a nice kit none the less.Personally I love stencil kits and those are mainly what I collect.Sound wise they have a good sound.And the thing with Stencil kits is that sine Tama And pearl were the main makers most kits ( while there was numerous names out there ) were identical.So I can say i've played that version of the kit as well as a few others,lol.Unfortunatly there wasn't much literature on many companies and without a badge clearly saying which drums they were ( as there is a list of 50+ names ) its safe to say thats just a basic japanese import.There are a few gems here and there with a rare finish,or a test model...but most are all the same.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 17 years ago

Slingy-style lugs were common on imports at one time. My first kit, a decided no-name Asian firewood, red sparkle "gem" had those lugs on it. I think that these came from the Pearl factory, who was responsible for many of the "stencil" kits back in the late-60's/early-70's.

JR Frondelli
www.frondelli.com
www.dbmproaudio.com

Mediocre is the new "good"
Posted on 17 years ago

Tama also had slingy style lugs back in the day, so it could be from tama.

Harrison
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here