Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.45303%

Sixties Slingerlands

I've had these for a bit but haven't posted them.

Some singles that came together over the period of three years, got the bass first, then the ride earlier this year, and the FT and Artist snare over the last month.

1 attachments
Kevin
Posted on 13 years ago

A few more pics......

Kevin
Posted on 13 years ago

Sweet! Love those Slingys!

-Adam

Posted on 13 years ago

Very nice Kevin! However, I've got to ask: What's the story behind the bass drum head?

Posted on 13 years ago

From OldSchool

Very nice Kevin! However, I've got to ask: What's the story behind the bass drum head?

Thanks OldSchool !!

The eBay seller said this bass hung on the wall of a restaurant and was taken down when needed for use in local parades. It came with a wide shoulder sling, leg mounts installed, but no legs, and no other mounting hardware. Some of the cleanest claws and t-handles I have ever seen..... near mint.

I was real happy with it when it arrived, and I've kept the better looking of the two heads installed to stay connected with its history.

Thanks also, VTM2000 and Adam !!

Kevin
Posted on 13 years ago

Oh shoot Daddy-O's , here's the kicker.....

I have a sixties 14x14 FT in red glass glitter arriving this upcoming week to add in !!!

1 attachments
Kevin
Posted on 13 years ago

Sweet Kev!

Red sparkle Slings, I'm just a tad jealous! Cool1

"It's Charlie Watts' band
Without him we wouldn't have a group"

Keith Richards
Posted on 13 years ago

Schweeeet kit-o Kev-o. Beeee-uuuuuuuuuuu-teeee-fullll.

What Would You Do
Posted on 13 years ago

From kevins

Thanks OldSchool !!The eBay seller said this bass hung on the wall of a restaurant and was taken down when needed for use in local parades. It came with a wide shoulder sling, leg mounts installed, but no legs, and no other mounting hardware. Some of the cleanest claws and t-handles I have ever seen..... near mint.I was real happy with it when it arrived, and I've kept the better looking of the two heads installed to stay connected with its history.Thanks also, VTM2000 and Adam !!

Thanks for sharing the story, Kevin! I enjoy finding out the history of these pieces.

Posted on 13 years ago

Thanks all for the good words !!

Kev

Kevin
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here