Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Singerland Grommet Question

My Slingerland set was made in 1965 according to the date stamp on the inside. Idiot that I am, I took off the badges (and a lot of other horrid things) and damaged the original grommets. I didn't know there was such a thing as "vintage" drums at the time. Anyway, I purchased new grommets on-line. The problem is the new grommets do not exactly match the old grommets. The new grommets are smaller in diameter and the new grommet outer ring or lip that butts up against the front surface of the badge does not have a curled outer edge. The new grommet has a flat outer edge while the old original grommet has an outer edge whereby the metal is curled. Is there any supplier that sells grommets that are an exact match to the old grommets used in the 1960's.

Posted on 16 years ago

I found the answer to my question at the following thread here at Vintage Drum Forum.

http://www.vintagesnaredrums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1484&highlight=slingerland+grommet

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here