Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Simple Slingerland Questions (i Hope!)

Good Evening,

I thought I posted this one last night but, for some reason, it didn't appear on the forum.

A couple of very simple ones for you Slingerland "experts" out there:

1. Did the Slingerland Drum Company ever feature STRAIGHT legs on its floor toms between the years of 1958 - 1966 that DID NOT feature the push-button height adjustment?

2. Did the Slingerland Company ever feature STRAIGHT legs on its floor toms between the year of 1965-1966 with closed brackets and wing nuts?

Here's why I ask....... An acquaintance of mine's got a Slingerland kit he claims is from sometime between 1964 through 1966. I noticed that there's no vent hole in the drum nor any Slingerland badge on it. The floor tom has STRAIGHT legs and closed brackets. However, there's nothing (no wing nuts, no push-buttons, etc.) holding the legs in place. I can only imagine that they were somehow "jammed" into the brackets. I'm trying to find out what the correct configuration would be for leg mounting hardware for this particular floor tom -- push-buttons or wing nuts? Again, the legs themselves are STRAIGHT.

THANKS in advance for your help!Help

Posted on 17 years ago

Hey OldSchool

I moved that post over to the Slingerland forum section hosted by DrCJW

You will find it there and also get the best answer from the Doc on that question.

Search under your profile and you will find all of your posts and then you can click directly to it.

David

Better yet, Click Here

Posted on 17 years ago

[COLOR="Navy"]OldSchool:

Answered your similar post in the Slingerland history section.

Bottom line(s) - a factory 1964 - 1965 Slingerland floor tom should have no badge or vent hole, straight legs and pushbutton mounts with hexagonal buttons. A factory 1966 Slingerland floor tom made before June of that year should have no badge or vent hole, straight legs and wing nuts. A factory 1966 Slingerland floor tom made from June onward should have a badge and vent hole, straight legs and wing nuts. The mount housing in all cases is the classical Slingerland mount that you are likely referring to as "closed". And remember there is always a transition period, so at the very beginning of 1966 you may find either pushbuttons or wing nuts.

DrCJW[/COLOR]

Posted on 17 years ago

There obviously are still some great doctors out there that still do make "housecalls."

THANKS SO MUCH for the information. I certainly appreciate it. Now, if I do purchase the floor tom and it does need the push buttons, are they still readily available somehwere?

Thanks again!

OldSchool

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here