Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Silver Satin

Does anyone know of a source for Silver Satin drum wrap as seen in the attached photos of the Pearl tom? This stuff looks like brushed chrome mylar with a clear laminated top layer. I've checked the usual sources with no luck.

2 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

Your tom looks like it came from a Pearl W9 9-ply Philipine mahogany kit. It is a higher quality version of the so called MIJ (but made in Taiwan) kits and was available in the late 70's and early 80's.

The covering was the same as that used on many stencil brands made in Taiwan. Some distributors of stencil brands carried replacement covering material until the late 90's that I was aware of. C Bruno (CB 700) carried it. They are now Kaman Music. Midco (Percussion Plus) in Illinois and Sunlite might be other sources. Try a local musical instrument dealer to see if he can inquire about replacement covering.

Posted on 14 years ago

[QUOTE=Stallwart;61951]Your tom looks like it came from a Pearl W9 9-ply Philipine mahogany kit. It is a higher quality version of the so called MIJ (but made in Taiwan) kits and was available in the late 70's and early 80's.

You are correct! I've had this five piece set since new in 1978.

Posted on 14 years ago

I would shoot it a little earlier than 80 or late 70s. Because of the mid 70`s era tom mount. I would go 76-77 . I think thats a great looking tom. It`s good info for me to see you bought this in 78- I wonder if the change over of tom mounts was a little staggered from here to the states...

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here