Hey guys, I own a mid 70's 5.5x14 Slingerland 3-Ply Artist snare drum that I recently stripped it's interior of the lacquer. I thought it was just too much that had been applied, I did not like it's appearance too much. Again my Slingerland 3-Ply Artist is from the mid 70's, probably 73-75. I have seen a few examples of interiors from this Slingerland period and they have a pretty thick coat of nitrocellulose clear lacquer on the Maple inner ply. Mine had too much of a gold amber color/tint to it. I wanted the Maple inner ply to have a lighter color to it, that is why I stripped the old lacquer coat off. Now I am wondering if I should apply a new coat of clear lacquer on the inner ply? I am not looking for projection, just something to seal off the inner Maple ply to protect it from temperture changes. Or should I seal the inner Maple ply at all? It looks real good the way it is now so maybe I should not mess with it at all? Any info or advice would be great. Thanks again. Phil Cormier Fitchburg, Mass 01420