Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.65971%

short L-cymbalarm?

Hi. Are there any shorter L-arms for cymbalholders out there? with the original ludwig cymbalarm the ride get's way to high up for my taste.

I don't care if it's new or vintage as long as it fits my old ludwig bracket.. any suggestions?

Posted on 15 years ago

One thing I always thought was weird was that Buddy Rich used a one piece, simple bent 3/8" rod L-arm with no tilter and Slingerlands didn't sell it in their catalog.

Equally weird was throughout the 70's AZ would show a pic of Buddy with his 6" splash but in their catalog the smallest they sold (or in any store I went to) was an 8".

I use a straight rod coming straight out of my kick with no tilter and I prefer it. The only bummer is that when you're setting it up it can fall inside the kick when the wing nut is off!

I see vintage (usually nickel tho) L arms all the time. I guess if you got creative you could cut one (or a f.t. leg) down if it was too high and rethread the top for a 1/4" wingnut. You can bend the top slightly to make a custom tilt angle.

Posted on 15 years ago

I just set my Gretsch kit up with a dw cymbal L-arm. Bought a New Gretsch floor tom leg mount and mounted it to the bass drum, old school. It won't fit a vintage mount, the rod is to big. Keeps it down low, just how I like it. Jp2 creations sells one that is about 9 or 10 inches tall, exact copies. I am going to score one for my new slingie kit.

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]GN...what would be a good vertical length for you ? Say, distance from bracket to where the cymbal rests ...? I have a crapload of old-school L-arms, maybe I have something in your ballpark....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

From MastroSnare

One thing I always thought was weird was that Buddy Rich used a one piece, simple bent 3/8" rod L-arm with no tilter and Slingerlands didn't sell it in their catalog.Equally weird was throughout the 70's AZ would show a pic of Buddy with his 6" splash but in their catalog the smallest they sold (or in any store I went to) was an 8".I use a straight rod coming straight out of my kick with no tilter and I prefer it. The only bummer is that when you're setting it up it can fall inside the kick when the wing nut is off!I see vintage (usually nickel tho) L arms all the time. I guess if you got creative you could cut one (or a f.t. leg) down if it was too high and rethread the top for a 1/4" wingnut. You can bend the top slightly to make a custom tilt angle.

Hi All--Yes slingerland did make and list in catalogs the Buddy Rich L-cymbal arms..They were in s/l catalogs from 1966--1978..i have a copy copy of a 77-78 catalog in front of me ..on page 30--it shows the B/R cymbal L-arm as part # 599-10 thats the 9" and part# 599-11 is the 18" one..both have no tilters....jusy wanted to pass it on...mikey

Posted on 15 years ago

Cherie Willoughby just had a modern adjustable short version L arm that works with vintage mounts on ebay. Maybe she has more...

Posted on 15 years ago

Danmar sells what you speak of.....find a dealer that sells Danmar and they can order it for you....

Posted on 15 years ago

From gn86

Hi. Are there any shorter L-arms for cymbalholders out there? with the original ludwig cymbalarm the ride get's way to high up for my taste. I don't care if it's new or vintage as long as it fits my old ludwig bracket.. any suggestions?

:D I've cut mine down with a Hacksaw. Try not to flatten the upper tube in the vise though!Laughing H

Posted on 14 years ago

One thing I always thought was weird was that Buddy Rich used a one piece, simple bent 3/8" rod L-arm with no tilter and Slingerlands didn't sell it in their catalog.

I think Buddy had to have all his pieces custom made at just the right height

for him, least that's what The Ludwig book says when they had him back

in the '80's . . .

Found it!!
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here