Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.65971%

Serial Number on B/O Ludwig question

I am looking at buying a set from a guy that has conflicting appearances. (the set...not the guy) The badges are Blue and Olive. However, the bass drum hardware appears to be modular from the 80's period... or some other period, as I have never seen this type of hardware before.

I checked the serial numbers against the Vintage Drum Guide site and found another discrepancy. According to the site, the serial numbers in 1979 (whihc was the last year they produced the B/O badge was xxxxxxx - 2013537 in 1979. This set has the serial numbers 215xxxx. This would mean they were produced some time after 1979.

Help!!!!

How do I know what time period this set may have been manufactured?

Anyone who knows anything about this, your input would be greatly appreciated.

Randy

1 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

I don't see any discrepancies. I'm not crazy about the kit and would not shell out much ... But I don't think that was your request. Check for rerings.

Posted on 14 years ago

The B/O badge is likely one with rounded corners....right? The sharp-cornered one in the one that was last produced in 1979. After that, they produced the rounded version for awhile. Yours is likely the rounded version. That's Modular hardware.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 14 years ago

My guess is that the kit is from the early 80's -maybe 1980-82 range.

Yes, there probably are a few exceptions in the serial numbers, but the chart is generally quite accurate. So far, though, we haven't really gotten into documenting much about post-80's Ludwig drums. I'm sure, as time goes on, these drums will get more notoriety.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 14 years ago

You stated "You don't see any discrepancies". Does that mean it is a late 70's kit? Because I can't find a source that shows the serial numbers 215XXXX that match Blue and Olive Badges.

Or, did you mean something else?

If you do have a source can you direct me?

Thanks

Posted on 14 years ago

So, what should I pay for a kit like this

1 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

I'm so sorry but I'm on my iPhone on the way to the boys new base and I can't see these pics well. Can someone confirm 3 or 6 on this one? Do the cymbals and hw tag along?

Posted on 14 years ago

Yes.

All the cymbals convey. Unfortunately, the only good one is the Vintage "A" 22" Zildjian Ride. The others are cracked or off brands.

If you want more pics I have them.

Posted on 14 years ago

Whoops....I missed it.. yes the hardware does too.

Posted on 14 years ago

Thats an early 1980's kit......modular hardware......I'd guesstimate it at about $650 as it sits, with the stands.....missing a lot of things there.....T-rods/claws, tension rods, hoops, heads.....

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here