Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.65762%

Sept 1966 Ludwig Hollywood set

Just brought these out of storage after almost 30 years. White Marine Pearl that is now White/Gold Marine Pearl-- Looks Great. I reheaded the Toms both batter and reso with Coated Amb. but now realize why I never liked the tone of these.--no matter how much tunning. To each his own. Too much reso and ring. Maybe its the 3-ply shells. I'm now thinking of 2-plys for the batter. 1- coated or clear pinstripes (concerned that this may be too dead) 2- coated or clear empores. If you've tried these please let me have your opinions. Thanks Ken

Posted on 15 years ago

i've just fitted my 1960s ludwig 12, 13 and 16 toms with coated emperors on top and clear ambassadors as resonants. i think the sound is great! a lot of warmth in the shells and the heads sound great on the drums and not too dead. on my kick i have a powerstroke 3 as batter and ambassador as resonant. sounds fat as well!

i can highly recommend this!

Posted on 15 years ago

Have you tried the clear pinstripes? I'm leaning toward the superkick 11 on the bass.-K

Posted on 15 years ago

no i haven't. i had the coated ambassadors as batters first, but never liked them either.... with the p3 on, the kick still sounds nice and open, while having a nice punch.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here