Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Sell or not sell? vintage Pearl

I bought a vintage pearl export kit a few months ago, for $400, its mid 80's, all chrome metal wrap, not paper like the new stuff. its been great for practice, I also bought a vintage fibes chrome kit, that I'm restoring. when I play out I use my slingerland kit, since I have 3 kits , and only need 2, I figured I would test the market and threw the pearl set out there for $700, I have 2 people that want it, should I take a profit on that kit, and get another practice kit, which I can do for alot less, now I'm thinking I might just hang on to the pearl..although its not perfect, it does sound good. I can't start buying and storing kits like some of you guys do LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lots of Slingerland drums
70's Pearl Fiberglass Ivory
Posted on 14 years ago

If you can get $700 for an 80s Export, take it! :) (Assuming you wouldn't be taking advantage of an uninformed buyer, of course.) If you still want an extra kit around, you can get something much nicer with the $700. I think one of the forum members is selling a Slingy for around that price.

Kits:
1950s Gretsch Name Band in Midnight Blue Pearl (13/16/22/14sn)
1965/66 Ludwig Club Dates rewrapped in Black Diamond Pearl (12/15/20)
Posted on 14 years ago

From section2

If you can get $700 for an 80s Export, take it! :) (Assuming you wouldn't be taking advantage of an uninformed buyer, of course.) If you still want an extra kit around, you can get something much nicer with the $700. I think one of the forum members is selling a Slingy for around that price.

I concur...7bones for an 80s Export is way money...take and run like the wind, and buy some Luds. I have a three pc, and will ad the 4th for 300. 80 model, Mahoganey Cortex/Mahogany stain in excellent condition, and I did the whole lugs off polishing thang. 24-13-14-16. They are big, and sound great, and have a huge range. Then you could pick up the Supra, unless you already have one, and boom, nice kit for way money.:p

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

Have to once again agree with the crew and say take the money and run.

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 14 years ago

Just dont buy a Kent kit whatever you do!!...Im told they are horrible drums:rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here