Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.45929%

Seems like a good deal

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/msg/1375960235.html

If anyone in the detroit area wants to take this, it's only $500 for the whole set, and everything looks to be very workable and repairable.

Hope this finds one of you.

Posted on 15 years ago

I just happened to be at the gentleman's house who was selling the kit around the same time you submitted your post. I had spoken to him the previous evening to obtain some additional information. After seeing the kit in person, I left a deposit to purchase it and will be paying off the balance within a week or so. The current owner was kind enough to allow me to take the floor tom home when I left the deposit.

All the drums are in really nice, original condition, both functionally and cosmetically. The Ludwig & Ludwig bass drum, rack tom and snare drum all have their original calfskin heads. The bass drum and the rack tom also have the original Ludwig & Ludwig (Elkhart) badges, while the snare drum's got the Ludwig & Ludwig logo engraved in the batter side rim. The Leedy floor tom included with the kit matches the finish of the Ludwig & Ludwig drums very nicely.

The current owner also included the original trap case, which contained a nice variety of original hardware -- hi-hat stand w/hats, bass drum pedal & beater, several clip-on cymbal arms and mounts, clip-on spurs, cowbell holder and mount and some other assorted "goodies."

The original WMP wrap has "mellowed" (I never say "yellowed") quite evenly on all the drums and there's little to no chipping or tears on any of the wraps. There are absolutely no extra holes in any of the shells nor any modifications.

To me, this kit's got to be seen in person to be truly appreciated. I've got two WWII-era Radio King kits with their respective matching snares -- a WMP and a BMP, so I obviously like "the old stuff." This one, however, seems to have a personality of its own!

Once I physically get all the pieces home, I'll give them a well-deserved cleaning and post a few pics.

Posted on 15 years ago

Jeremy: I just finished cleaning up the kit and placed a pic in the "Drum Image Gallery", should you like to take a look. I'm not sure if I mentioned it previously, but all the L&L shells are stamped "4904". I've attached a few additional pics of some of the kit components.

Posted on 15 years ago

Wow. That is sweet!

30's Radio King - 26, 13, 13, 16
49 - WFL Ray McKinley - 26, 13, 16
58 - Slingerland Duco
58 - Slingerland Krupa Deluxe
70 - Ludwig Champagne Sparkle - 20, 12, 14
70 - Ludwig Champagne Sparkle - 22 (need), 13, 16
And some others..
Posted on 15 years ago

I like this a lot. Good score.

Andrew

Golden Curtain
www.myspace.com/garagelandnz
Posted on 15 years ago

you are not worried about the tacked bottom heads?

Posted on 14 years ago

Dodd: I'm not really sure I understand the question. This kit was known as "The Detroiter Kit" when it was originally issued and came from the factory with the tacked bottom head on the rack tom only. It will only see minimal, if any, playing time so I don't really have a concern regarding this issue.

Since I currently reside in a suburb of Detroit I thought I was pretty fortunate to find an original kit named after the area.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here