Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Seeking Slinglerland 1970 Buddy Rich snare drum

Just saw a great Buddy Rich solo on youtube. I fell in love with the sound of this snare. It looked like a Slinglerland 1970 Chrome over wood Buddy Rich model with the bottom lugs right next to the top lugs. And a stick chopper rim. I sure would love to find one of these!

Posted on 16 years ago

Good luck! Start looking around your area. One sold for $1100 and another sold for $700 recently on Ebay.

Finding an original with the choppers will also be hard to do...

Look at the one on this page of TommyP

I know what he paid for his a few years back and now they are even harder to find and much more expensive...

If you find two, send me an email!

David

Posted on 16 years ago

I don't know how true this is, or how big of an impact it would have over a "stock" Snare, but I read somewhere that Buddy always requested that any Company making him a wood shell Snare add extra coats of lacquer to the interior.

I guess he was looking for more projection..........

From the 1970-71 Catalog.

[IMG]http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL725/3888856/15845033/290561144.jpg[/IMG]

LVDC

All Catalog images shown in my posts were generated by me (scanning) and are from my personal files........
Posted on 16 years ago

I always wondered where that chrome over wood phase came from, as it is a little unpopular nowadays. Could it be Buddy's influence?

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here