Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

Seeking information on 1980s Slingerland internal mufflers

I recently acquired a set of 1980s-ish Slingerland drums with serial numbers from 358xxx to 369xxx range for kick and toms. The snare does not match and as best I can tell is a much older Haskell W. Harr 10 x 14 from 1959 to 1963 (based on brass and black badge with no serial number showing Niles, Illinois).

I am specifically trying to find sources or parts (especially the threaded rod with knob end) for the internal mufflers. The only complete one is in the snare.

I would also appreciate any additional information anyone could provide about this set. Except for some heavy rust on a couple of the rims, and heavily faded wrap on the snare, It is in very good shape.

All help would be appreciated.

Posted on 6 years ago

Hello Bassman9952...and Welcome to the forum!

For any of us to provide more info on your kit, you need to post pictures. A description just isn't enough.

As to the mufflers, just search eBay for "slingerland mufflers (or tone control) and you'll find the one that matches your snare drum. It's one of the most common types of Slingerland mufflers.

-Mark

Posted on 6 years ago

Mark is correct, please post some pictures. The serial numbers you mentioned are likely late 70's. Black/brass Niles badge without serial number is '61-'62 only. '61 tone control is different than '62 and late 70's is different than both of those.

Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here