Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.05219%

Scammers vs. Non-intentioners?

Please, help me out. This has been bothering me for quite a while. Most of you know me. I am an honest man who would go to great lengths to help out any fellow member. I have done so in the past and will continue to do so! VDF members know this. Why then would someone deliberately promise to provide or sell an article with absolutely no intention of following through? I have recently been scammed over the acquisition of a 14 inch Duraline drum head (see scammer section in Vintage Drums), BUT before this, there was, in the Wanted section, a request for a fifteen incher. It came to no fruition. Please read my replies. What is the point of this? Thanks.

Brian

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 1 year ago

Brian, like many good people, you wonder why others take advantage of folks who are honest and good, and who don’t pose a threat or do anything to precipitate criminal behavior. What many people don’t understand is that scumbags and turds live among us. If they didn’t, we wouldn’t need locks on our doors, surveillance cameras in our streets, or protection against malware and spyware on our computers. Evil will always be present, and the best we can do is be vigilant while not letting these people destroy our lives, or shake our positive disposition.

My career, from which I am proudly and happily retired, was helping people who fell victim to criminals. I wasn’t always able to help them, not by a long shot, but I kept motivated during those times when I actually could provide some justice. Unfortunately, this kind of fraud almost never leads to punishment, so the best thing we can do for ourselves is to report it (like you have) and learn from it (as you are trying). Accepting that you got taken is a bitter pill to swallow, but your good karma will help you get past it. And rest assured, that his bad karma will eventually catch up to him.

Josh

Posted on 1 year ago

From jmcohen

Brian, like many good people, you wonder why others take advantage of folks who are honest and good, and who don’t pose a threat or do anything to precipitate criminal behavior. What many people don’t understand is that scumbags and turds live among us. If they didn’t, we wouldn’t need locks on our doors, surveillance cameras in our streets, or protection against malware and spyware on our computers. Evil will always be present, and the best we can do is be vigilant while not letting these people destroy our lives, or shake our positive disposition.My career, from which I am proudly and happily retired, was helping people who fell victim to criminals. I wasn’t always able to help them, not by a long shot, but I kept motivated during those times when I actually could provide some justice. Unfortunately, this kind of fraud almost never leads to punishment, so the best thing we can do for ourselves is to report it (like you have) and learn from it (as you are trying). Accepting that you got taken is a bitter pill to swallow, but your good karma will help you get past it. And rest assured, that his bad karma will eventually catch up to him.Josh

Thanks so very much for your reply, Josh! Sorry to have taken so long to reply. I just needed a break. You, sir are a very wise, literate and altruistic gentleman. I truly appreciate your words and will certainly strive to follow the intent. Most of all, I consider you a friend although we have never met. Thanks, Josh.

Brian

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 1 year ago

Wise? Literate? Those are fightin’ words!!

Brian, I hope your break away was therapeutic and you have decided to not let the stinkers on this planet get you down. Life is too short!

Your friend,

Josh

Posted on 1 year ago

From jmcohen

Wise? Literate? Those are fightin’ words!!Brian, I hope your break away was therapeutic and you have decided to not let the stinkers on this planet get you down. Life is too short!Your friend,Josh

I meant every word, Josh! Luckily, for my peace of mind, there are many others on this forum who are honest and decent people. I'm trying to focus on these individuals, but sometimes, it is very difficult. Thanks, Josh, You're one of the good guys!!!

Brian

Posted on 1 year ago
Action Another action Something else here