Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Saying hello and can you identify these drums?

Hello...

New here from California. I have a drum kit that someone gave me. I'm trying to choose between attempting to learn to play them just for my own enjoyment (at the ripe ole' age of 50-something) or give up and sell them.

But I don't know what they are worth. Can anyone look at them and tell me about them?

Also if I decide to keep them and try to learn, can anyone point me in the right direction? Lessons? Video? Books?

Here is a link to some pictures: http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c169/tuffkitty/Drum%20Pics/

Thank you!

Kim

Posted on 14 years ago

They are British-made Premier drums from (looks like) the 80's. The shells are "extended" sizes.

I'm not that up on my Premier history, but, from the looks of it, your kit is probably worth about 2-300 dollars, give or take. The greatest value would be the snare drum. Generally, though, most Premiers from that era don't seem to be hot items. They are, however, usually very well built drums from what I am told.

YES! They make a GREAT first drum set and you'll love playing the drums once you get into it.....I think.

Welcome to the club!

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 14 years ago

Welcome! Hard to tell from the pics but they look good enough to learn on. You have everything you need including a practice pad. Take a few lessons and see how it goes, you might find yourself playing with some people before you know it. Just be careful, it becomes addictive!

Posted on 14 years ago

-all kinds of lessons available. google "drum instruction" in your area and you're bound to find someone. In the meantime, there are probably tons of video lessons available for free on Youtube, too.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 14 years ago

Welcome. you can join Kevins and me as 2 other drummers starting at 50. The guys here are very cool. like they said. much stuff online as far as drum lessons

Posted on 14 years ago

From FatherTime

Welcome. you can join Kevins and me as 2 other drummers starting at 50. The guys here are very cool. like they said. much stuff online as far as drum lessons

We need to start a club.

"Late Bloomer Boomers" or something.............LOL

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

Hi Kim!

They're good drums for any purpose.

There are a lot of Lesson sites on the web, most are free.

What they're worth? I wouldn't take a guess, the market for everything is down.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here