Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Salvation Army Stop Sign kit

Almost two years ago I found this 20" bass drum in my local Salvation Army store. I didn't know anything about drums at the time and both the badge and label were missing. The only clue I had was the Gretsch script on the cymbal arm mount. The price was so low I couldn't pass it up. When I got home I did some research and found out that it was a Stop Sign badge from about 1971. The drum was missing some parts, tension rods and hoop on one side, and a Ludwig mount had been added. At first my intention was to just quickly flip the drum but pretty soon I felt compelled to put the kit back together. I slowly gathered parts and more matching drums. The 18"x16" floor tom was just a shell when I got it. The 13" tom was an ebay score, and the snare, by far the hardest piece to find, magically fell into my lap via Craigslist. A few more odds and ends, bits and pieces left to find.

Posted on 9 years ago

Fantastic! You saved a vintage drum drum disaster and now have a beautiful drum kit.

Posted on 9 years ago

It was time for you to become a drummer, and a fantastic old Gretsch drum appeared.

I've heard that snare and it's pretty sublime.

-Erik
______
Early '70's Slingerland New Rock #50 in blue agate (20-16-13-12)
Late '50's WFL Swingster/Barrett Deems in black/gold Duco
'70's Slingerland Gene Krupa Sound King COB
'76 Ludwig Supraphonic
early '70's Ludwig Acrolite
'80's Ludwig Rocker II 6 1/2" snare
Rogers Supreme Big "R" hi hat
Posted on 9 years ago

Thank you Mike for caring enough about these beautiful drums to put together this wonderful drum set and for having the patience to do so...Best of luck in finding the remaining elusive parts to complete the project.In the meantime...i think i can hear them singing for joy from here.

Wayne

1967 Rogers Cleveland Champagne Sparkle
1967/68 Rogers Dayton Champagne Sparkle
1966 Rogers cob 7 Line Dynasonic Snare.
1967 Rogers "Humberto Morales" Timbales.
1980 Ludwig B/O badge 14x 6.5 Black Beauty Snare.
1980 Ludwig B/O badge Red Cortex
1988 Sonor "Horst Link" HLD 590 14x8 Bronze Snare
Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here