Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.26305%

Rust Removers

Every now and then I notice a post from someone looking for an affective method and/or product to remove rust from tension rods and other small hardware pieces. Some time ago a fellow forumite was kind enough to recommend that I try a product called Evap-O-Rust. I had some extremely rusted rods from an early 30s Ludwig snare drum that I was about to junk because of their pitiful condition. However, I tried the Evap-O-Rust and was very pleased with the results. I've attached a before and after pic. Just thought that I'd share this information in the hopes that it might be helpful to others.

Posted on 13 years ago

I have bought some too and love it !!

Kevin
Posted on 13 years ago

Looks very impressive. Unfortunately, it looks like you've got to buy a whole gallon for $26. At that quantity and price, it would have to make my wife disappear.;)

Posted on 13 years ago

wow. thats an amazing before and after on those.

mike

Posted on 13 years ago

From DaSwans

Looks very impressive. Unfortunately, it looks like you've got to buy a whole gallon for $26. At that quantity and price, it would have to make my wife disappear.;)

I get it by the quart at the local Auto Zone for around $8. (Please, no disappearing wives!)

Gary G.
1963 Ludwig Gold Sparkle Hollywood Kit
Ludwig Collection: 10 Vintage Snare Drums, 4 Customized Vintage Snare Drums, 4 Vintage Foot Pedals, 1 Single Value Bugle
Posted on 13 years ago

From mlayton

wow. thats an amazing before and after on those.mike

The best thing about this product, Mike, is that you don't have to do any scrubbing whatsoever to get the desired results. You simply immerse the items in it, let it sit overnight and then spray it off.

Posted on 13 years ago

From GG Vintage

I get it by the quart at the local Auto Zone for around $8. (Please, no disappearing wives!)

That's where I get mine also.

Posted on 13 years ago

Auto Zone? Man, I was just there tonight buying metal polish for my chrome-over-wood Slingerlands.

I just spent a couple hours polishing and picking rust off a 14" tom and 2 stick saver hoops. I couldn't bear to attempt to polish the tension rods. The whole time I was thinking about this thread. I'm sold. I'll take a stroll up to the Zone tomorrow morning and let the Evap-o-rust do the work.

Thanks guys!

Posted on 13 years ago

Yep, and you don't have to throw away the stuff after the first use.

Just strain and save.... it's good to go for several more rounds.

I do keep the used portion in its own container, separate from the fresh.

Kevin
Posted on 13 years ago

I've recently tried this product as well, and am very impressed with the results. Effective and non-toxic!

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here