Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Rubber Dip or replacement rubber for Luddie snare baskets?

Hi All,

Recently read a post either here or on Cymbalholic, not sure which, on how to replace snare basket rubber. Someone said there was a rubber dip, kind of like a chocolate dip at Dairy Queen. I couldn't find the original post so I'm asking here. Is there a ready made part available that resembles the original rubber on a Ludwig snare basket?

Thanks much,

Matt

Ludwig-Zildjian-Aquarian
Posted on 16 years ago

Matt, I do know that some contemporary Stands have removable rubber tips but don't know how that would apply to old Ludwig Stands.

I always "dip" and have two waiting for this treatment right now.

If there is any of the original coating left, or it's just split open which is the most common situation, I spread it open and scuff it up some before glueing it down. I then simply do the dip, which comes in a variety of different colors, including red, yellow, blue & of course, black.........

Hanging Basket

[IMG]http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL770/2917504/18308495/290694609.jpg[/IMG]

Here are some repaired, dipped, tips.

This looks to be the one that I dipped 3 times, which is one more than you really need.

Two will suffice...........

[IMG]http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL770/2917504/18308495/290694650.jpg[/IMG]

Here is the product that I use, which I have to special order but I'm sure it's available on line somewhere.

If you happen to see a little aluminum foil near the top of the can, which I tried to crop out, it's just something I did to keep it from drying out since this can arrived where I get it, damaged. The top is basically like those found on a Pringles Can.....

[IMG]http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL770/2917504/18308495/290696329.jpg[/IMG]

LVDC

All Catalog images shown in my posts were generated by me (scanning) and are from my personal files........
Posted on 16 years ago

Thanks LVDC!

I have found when buying an extra Atlas stand, that the price is much cheaper when thew rubber is split. So if you have the rubber left, but split, rough it up, glue it down and then dip over the original rubber. Cool.

Thanks,

Matt

PS..Amazon.com gets you a list of sellers with lower pices than eBay!

Ludwig-Zildjian-Aquarian
Posted on 16 years ago

Quoted post

I have found when buying an extra Atlas stand, that the price is much cheaper when the rubber is split.

You betcha, which is what I look for, a Stand that is in great condition with the exception of the Basket Tip's.

You're welcome, glad I could help a little!

LVDC

All Catalog images shown in my posts were generated by me (scanning) and are from my personal files........
Posted on 16 years ago

you can get that liquid plastic in your local Home Depo comes in bl,rd yl just keep dipping and drying till you get the effect you want

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here