Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.66597%

Royal Star

Wrap looks original.

But forummember Ralf does not agree . . . He's the expert on Star here.

Wrap looks lighter under the lugs.

Nevertheless: a nice jazzkitty

(why isn't the pic showing up . . ?)

1 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

Hi Nique,

Nice to meet you here! My opinion arises out of the fact, that I've never seen a pure white wrap on any STAR set ... - but lateron on Tamas.

Maybe I have to revise, as especially in the very early Tama days they may have sold elderly hardware on new sheels, just to get rid of old hardware stuff?! (As example: the KingBeat snare drum of Tama still had the 'Star' snare strainer of the same Star KingBeat snare drum on it for a while.)

Ralf

Vintage STAR (= Pre-Tama) website: www.star-drums.de
Posted on 14 years ago

How very cool. That is a nice little vintage Tama set, and very clean too. The bass drum head with the RoyalStar logo looks brand new.

Would you please post some more pics?

Posted on 14 years ago

I agree that simple white looks oddly out of place on a kit with a rail mount and center lugs- from the design I would place a kit like that at between 1969-1973 - before all the company's designs began to simplify and go to a rock style, single headed tom type kit without a l-rod cymbal bass mount....

I think it`s a lovely kitCool1 One I would have scooped up in a heartbeat myself. Regardless- considering how cool it is- I would personally think about re-wrapping it in something really cool like a white/black onyx or such instead of plain white. Those early Stars had such KILLER wraps.

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 14 years ago

From tada---da---da--da--daaaa

How very cool. That is a nice little vintage Tama set, and very clean too. The bass drum head with the RoyalStar logo looks brand new. Would you please post some more pics?

I'll post some more pics, later.

The set is more a vanilla-white set than a white set.

Posted on 14 years ago

From OsakaBop

I would personally think about re-wrapping it in something really cool like a white/black onyx or such instead of plain white. Those early Stars had such KILLER wraps.

Yes, I think I am going to re-wrap the set.

The vanilla-white wrap is good, but not eye-catching, I personally think.

But first: new heads (except the BD-front offcourse !!)

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here