Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

Round Headed Gretsch Mute mounting screws?

I'm looking for the old style - 50's (maybe 60's too) - rounded headed mounting screws for the Gretsch double or single felt mutes - the two little screws that fit through the shell behind the chrome dial.

I've tried all the hardware stores - nothing like what I want there. I even have some new Gretsch mutes but they have the flat headed bevelled screws and they won't work with the project I'm doing.

If anyone here has some they want to sell me please send an email or P.M.

I'll even buy the complete mute if you have screws but don't want to part out the screws. But I just need the screws - I got mutes coming out of my ears. I keep buying the wrong ones or when I find the right ones they don't have mounting hardware. Such is the life in Vintage drum world.

WHILE I'M HERE:

I also need a Jimmy Pratt BD mute. There is one on eBay BIN (ending soon) for $85. The last one I bought was $45. If anyone here has one and can do better than $85 let me know please.

Posted on 12 years ago

Hey Kona. I was looking for these, too. I tried here, ebay, the Gretsch Wood Shed, Gretsch and Forks,all to no avail. Maybe they show up from time to time. Hope you have better luck than I did (I put that quest on hold.)

Good luck.

B

Vintage Drum Fan (Not a Guru)
Posted on 12 years ago

UPDATE - I FOUND ENOUGH PARTS TO WORK.

I dug deeper in my stash and found two round headed screws for the mute. Looked around today in Home Depot and could not find the tiny nuts for these screws. I'm thinking maybe an electrical supplier. In the meantime I did manage to come up with two of those little flat pieces of metal that screw onto these small screws. I notice some mutes use these while others use regular bolts with tiny washers and lock washers.

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here