Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Round Badge Star Kit

Greetings,

Overall excellent condition. A previous owner removed the wrap and did a light, matte clear coat. Great for a re-wrap, or they even look nice as is. Sizes are 8" x 12", 9" x 13", 16" x 16" & 14" x 20". No extra holes and all parts are original, except where noted on the bass drum below. All "Quick On/Off" internal mufflers on the toms are complete and work great. Thicker MIJ shells. Interiors are painted gray with no re-rings. A previous owner painted the interior of the bass drum black. Again, excellent condition and ready to go. A few things to mention, all regarding the bass drum:

1. The spur legs are not original. They were missing when I acquired these drums. I went to the hardware store and bought some 3/8" (9.5 mm) rod and cut it to length and put a rubber tip on one end. They work fine and give you plenty of length, but can still be fully retracted into the drum.

2. The wing screws on the spur brackets are non-original.

3. The spur bracket under the 13" tom (right side from player's position) is stripped (the wing screw that holds the leg in place). I am using a hose clamp to keep the leg in position. It works fine, and is an easy fix to re-thread, just wanted to disclose.

4. One of the individual tom rail holders (there are two total) is heavily rusted (see photo in reply to this thread). Works fine and may get better with some cleaning.

5. Bass drum hoops are metal. Not sure if they are original or not. My guess is no, but again, I'm not 100% sure.

6. The reso (front) head is missing 4 T-rods and 4 claws. The Gibraltar replacements are very close, but I'll leave that up to the new owner on what they want to use. I think the existing threading on the lugs is standard 12-24", and the threaded inserts are replaceable in case you need to.

Other than the minor bass drum issues above, this kit is in great shape. $200 plus shipping from SW Ohio. Let's face it, I could probably get close to that just for the four badges by themselves. I am also willing to meet within 100 miles of Cincinnati, which would include Dayton OH, Columbus, OH, Indianapolis, IN, Louisville, KY and Lexington, KY.

Thanks,

V

5 attachments
Posted on 4 years ago

One more photo of the rusty tom holder.....................

1 attachments
Posted on 4 years ago

Open to offers on these.

Posted on 4 years ago

Nice kit, would you consider $200 shipped to San Antonio, Texas?

Posted on 4 years ago
Action Another action Something else here