Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Roland is buying all outstanding shares of DW

This really is not vintage drum news...YET! If Roland is, indeed, gaining a controlling interest in DW, there will be future pre-Roland DW drums and Roland era DW drums

No matter how far you push the envelope, it is still stationery.
Posted on 2 years ago

My artist relations guy at DW assured me that nothing is changing at DW, no one is quitting, and they will roll out Slingerland product at some point. But, "We now have a big brother to work with."

This acquisition will undoubtedly result in hybrid acoustic/electronic drums. Should be interesting. I'm surprised no one has done it already.

'23 DW Collector's, Black Galaxy: 13/16/18/22/14 sn.
'01 DW Collector's, Oyster White: 8/10/12/14/16/22.
'24 DW Performance, Gold Sparkle, 12/14/20.
'59-ish Slingerland Pink Sparkle, 13/16/22.

'72 Slingerland Red Tiger Pearl: 12/13/16/16/22.
'70ish Slingerland Merlot Sparkle rewrap: 13/16/24.

'68ish Slingerland rewrap: 13/16/22.

'69 Rogers Holiday, Red Onyx: 13/16/24
'67 Ludwig Burgundy Sparkle: 12/13/16/22.
'70-ish Ludwig Std, Burgundy Oyster: 13/16/22.
'69-ish MIJ Drum Mate: Peacock Pearl: 13/16/22.
'67-ish MIJ Crown, Red Sparkle, 12/13/16/22.

'67-ish,. MIJ Drum Mate, Blue Oyster, 12/13/16/22.

Posted on 2 years ago

From DrumBob

My artist relations guy at DW assured me that nothing is changing at DW, no one is quitting, and they will roll out Slingerland product at some point. But, "We now have a big brother to work with." This acquisition will undoubtedly result in hybrid acoustic/electronic drums. Should be interesting. I'm surprised no one has done it already.

I have been through a few acquisitions and that has never been my experience. They always tell you nothing will change and nobody will be losing their job, but that has never been the case.

They always paint a rosy picture because they don't want to lose their good people with all of the institutional knowledge all at once. They want them to stick around long enough for the new owners can decide who stays and who goes or so they can get that knowledge before cleaning house. The only time they don't paint a rosy picture is when they actually want as many employees to leave as possible.

I'm not a big fan of DW but hopefully Roland won't destroy them.

Posted on 2 years ago
Action Another action Something else here