Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.65762%

Rogers/Slingerland trade value

There's a local shop which has a Slingerland Chicago era Hollywood Ace snare; 3-ply, 8 lug finished in Pink Glitter and is in truly excellant condition. Can't see the date stamped in the drum but the style of Rapid strainer would date the drum to between '58 and '61.

I've got a 5x14 Rogers COB Powertone snare, Cleveland tag, all original and condition is equal to the Hollywood Ace.

I'd like to try and make a trade with this shop so what would be the value of each of these?? I'd like to at least have ballpark figures before I begin haggling. Thanks in advance

Regards

Don

Posted on 15 years ago

I have been watching the Rogers PT COB's on ebay because I have one I might be selling.

They have been running +/- $200 on e-bay lately. Clevelands might demand a bit more, but not much from what I've seen.

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Agreed....a nice old Powertone generally fetches between $175-200 on eFlay. Cleveland I would say $200, a bit more if she's minty....Fullerton, $150 or so.

A '58 Slingy Ace is worth more...particularly one in an original pink glitter finish if it is original...

$250-350 on auction, I would imagine....not much more only because it's the basic 3-ply shell of that era....

That's what I chime in with.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

A Slingerland 8 lug drum in pink sparkle (not champagne) is hard to find in unfaded or almost unfaded. Even if the drum is the more common champagne sparkle, the trade is in your favor. They're real nice drums, but the chrome powertones are real common.

Post pics of the drum at the store before you do a trade and we can double check you on what they have.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here