Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

Rogers XP8 1984 Jazz Sizes.

I got these off ebay last week, BIN. 4 Bills.

Close to perfect.

[IMG]http://inlinethumb63.webshots.com/40382/2961486310028342110S600x600Q85.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://inlinethumb27.webshots.com/42330/2153799210028342110S600x600Q85.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/20305/2028802160028342110S600x600Q85.jpg[/IMG]

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 16 years ago

With that snare drum???..Is that a 13x9 and a 16 on the floor??...GREAT DEAL!!!

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 16 years ago

The snare drum I already have.

The drums are 16x18, factory BD, 8x12, 9x13, and a 14x14 floor tom with legs, also a factory original. Drums were sold as a set originally. Very rare sizes for this era of drums.

Snare drum is a 1983 Rogers Dynasonic XP10.......... I picked that up on ebay for under two bills.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 16 years ago

Those are BEAUTIFUL, man!!!! They are also some of the best "road drums" you will ever own. They are great drums!!

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

Wow, those are great! And with an 18" BD and 14" FT! Man, that's rare. The usual mounted tom sizes on that setup usually consisted of power toms. I think a 10 X 10 and 12 X 12.

My XP8's look exactly like yours. I have a 20-10-12-13-16 kit. I made the BD from a Keller shell (Because the didn't make 20's), and transferred all of the parts over from the original 22.

I put Pearl ISS mounts on the mounted toms, and it makes a huge difference. Those memrilock mounts cut about 50% of the resonance. Those toms will sing if you give them the chance! It's an easy conversion, as Pearl tom arms fit into the rogers tom mount that goes on the BD.

:::Ryan B
Posted on 16 years ago

Oh yeah and if you put those ISS mount on the toms, you can turn them around so the big "R" faces outwards! Party

Posted on 16 years ago

Huge mistake to alter a Rogers drumset especially with anything named Pearl. I have a set of XP8's and believe me they sing just the way they are. If you modify these drums you reduce the value a great deal. Leave vintage drum just the way they were made.

Jack

:)

http://Rogers Owners Forum
Posted on 16 years ago

If you read my post more carefully Falling Do, I said I used Pearl ISS mounts, which clamp onto the rims like RIMS mounts. There is no alteration as a result. They then go on to Pearl arms that fit into the original Rogers mounts.

I'm FULLY aware of what altering drums does to their value. That's why I make adapting plates for vintage snare drums.

Posted on 16 years ago

Some players prefer the more open sound of an isolation-mount. And I also agree that the Big R drums have more resonance and sustain if an isolation mount is used. That's a cool thing about the Pearl ISS mount. As blue-rippler mentioned, these mounts are adaptable to any standard triple-flange rim without actually altering the shell in any way. I think it's a cool idea and I didn't realize that the Pearl arm would fit into a Rogers Memriloc mount. I was under the impression the Pearl tubes were smaller in diameter.

Now that I have agreed about all that, I have to tell the truth and say that I use the regular Memriloc arms on my Big R micro-mini gigging kit (a 14" tom tom in a cradle -mount facing up- for a bass drum and then a 12" tom mounted to it via the Memriloc single tom arm). I know the resonance is reduced but it doesn't bother me. I use drumheads that are sometimes 40 years old. I have several drums wit Remo pre-pie logos. I only occasionally change heads, so I guess it would be ridiculous for me to worry about sustain that much! ;) But, yeah, I would imagine that the ISS mounting system would be a great way to expand the possibilities with those Rogers shells. It would probably sound like a whole different set!

P.S... I have also noticed that the Memriloc mounts tend to stiffen the feel of the drums. The Memriloc design doesn't allow for any "give" when the toms are hit...compared to the way a Ludwig L-arm mount tends to allow the drums to bounce. I would imagine that the Pearl ISS mount would also allow for some bounce and, thus, give those XP-8 drums an entirely different feel, as well.

Good, bad or indifferent, it wouldn't hurt anything to use an ISS mount if it fits into the Memriloc bass drum mount. But, as we all (or most) can agree, permanent conversions are always a no-no with nice vintage drums. There's no need to improve history! ;)

in ANY case, those drums are beauties and what a steal for $400.00!!! WOW!

psssst!...I'll give you $500.00 for them right now! :)

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

I would imagine that the Pearl ISS mount would also allow for some bounce and, thus, give those XP-8 drums an entirely different feel, as well.

Yes, absolutely! The drums definitely breath more.

The reason I went with the ISS mounts rather than the RIMS is that you can position the toms tighter with the ISS. Also, the bracket is small and it's black. My Rogers are black so they are barely noticeable even though they are at the front the drums. I just use the regular Pearl tom arms, which look kind of similar to the original Rogers. And O-lug, the Pearl arms aren't an exact fit, they are just a tiny bit smaller, but when you tighten them, they don't move or rattle. I toyed around with customizing the ISS mounting bracket to fit the Rogers mounts exactly, but it proved to be more of a project than I wanted to get into.

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here