Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.05219%

Rogers XP10 5X14 Dynasonic

Just got through cleaning this one up. All original as near as I can tell even down to the epoxy snare wires. It is very,very nice and came as part of a Bop kit I picked up a while back, 16 x 18, 10 x 10, 12 x 12, and 14 x 14. All the drums are as nice as this one and sound fantastic.

This snare, along with the rest of the kit, is one the favorites in my collection.

I understand these snares are pretty rare in this size.

1 attachments
Posted on 9 years ago

More photos

Posted on 9 years ago

If you ever decide you aren't into that sort of thing, I can help out. I mean I would be willing to take that burden. You know? sort of relieve you of the hassle of owning such a beautiful and rare drum.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 9 years ago

Wow, that drum looks mint...nice score!

Cam

"If we can't be free we can at least be cheap" -FZ
Posted on 9 years ago

These drums deserve far more respect than they have ever gotten.

Posted on 9 years ago

From The Ploughman

These drums deserve far more respect than they have ever gotten.

I agree, having owned numerous early(Cleveland, Dayton, Fullerton and Big R) Rogers kits, the XP8's just have that perfect sound. Another buddy of mine here in Mpls. also agrees and we both think they are the best kept secret in Rogers drums. He has had his sets for years and plans on never selling them. Same with my little power bop set, they are keepers. Some day maybe the XP8's will get the respect they well deserve, until then they are a great value for the dollar.

Posted on 9 years ago

The eight inch version was the most widely produced. Examples in excellent condition will sell around 500, give or take a C note. Six and a half editions weren't produced in as high numbers. The 65 is however a very popular size and will garner more money at sale. So few drums have been sold, estimating value on a given day or auction is impossible. This size has sold routinely between 350 and a grand. I have seen perfect on the bottom end and beat up on the top end.

The five inch drum however, rarely comes up for sale. I missed a perfect drum last year for 250.00 because the dumbass refused to ship to me. I even offered two bills for his time. So it sold, and sold on ebay at 1499 or something obscene like that. I did finally land one of my own for just under five hundred. But the auction was poorly written (in my favor) saying the drum had all of these issues and wasn't ver good conditionwise and had blah and blah wrong.

I am the proud owner of a five inch SuperTen that was played, and very much enjoyed by its previous owners. it has road wear, it is not an out of the box pristine drum. But....... it says, respect me or yer eyes are gonna bleed.

Posted on 9 years ago

Hi .....That is one fab looking drum. All hardware and drums i have are to a top level standard, you have got a great looking example of in my opinion one of the best makers of drums to date.........sean

Posted on 9 years ago

Fabulous snare and congrats on owning it.Bet she sings up a storm and hope you`ll always keep it.

Wayne

1967 Rogers Cleveland Champagne Sparkle
1967/68 Rogers Dayton Champagne Sparkle
1966 Rogers cob 7 Line Dynasonic Snare.
1967 Rogers "Humberto Morales" Timbales.
1980 Ludwig B/O badge 14x 6.5 Black Beauty Snare.
1980 Ludwig B/O badge Red Cortex
1988 Sonor "Horst Link" HLD 590 14x8 Bronze Snare
Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here