Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Rogers wood snare shell

Greetings,

I recently acquired a re-wrapped Rogers "Frankenkit", crossing different eras. I'm looking for a matching wood snare. Any wrap (or no wrap) is fine. The entire kit has been re-wrapped, so I don't mind having to wrap the snare as well. Since the kit is a mix of Dayton and Fullerton shells, I would be okay with a Tower, Luxor, Holiday or Powertone model.

Let me know what you have. Thanks.

V

Posted on 3 years ago

V!

Here's the biggest issue with finding a Rogers wood-shell snare drum for your kit... It might be difficult to find one with a wrap so bad that it is begging for a re-wrap! What type of wrap is on your kit now? It looks like Blue Sparkle, as opposed to Blue Glass Glitter. Can you confirm?

Honestly, any of Rogers metal-shell drums, usually COB, will be an excellent choice for your kit. OK, shameless plug...I have a mid-60's COB 5x14 Powertone, with original Clock-face strainer, just sitting in a box. It's been completely cleaned and polished and is crying out to be used! If you're interested, I can climb up on my ladder to retrieve it and snap some pictures. I'll attach a picture of the polished shell, some hardware and serial number. No problem at all if you want to hold out for a wood-shell snare drum!

-Mark

Posted on 3 years ago

Thanks for the offer Sir Mark!

I do prefer wood shells for jazz. My wrap is Blue Sparkle (not glitter). The entire kit is a re-wrap, so I'm okay with re-wrapping it. I know it would be heartbreaking to take good condition wrap and strip it off (I'll wince if/when I do it).

Surprisingly, there are not very many wood shelled Rogers snares floating around. Currently none on ebay or Reverb (except for the odd $5k wood Dynasonic!!)

Posted on 3 years ago

I’ve got a Luxor with flaking Duco. It’s an early one with the dreaded B&B lugs. I’ll have to dig around and see if I have 6 Non cracked lugs. They can be repaired, also. Bill

Posted on 3 years ago

Have you considered adding in a new Dynasonic? The wrap looks like they have gotten back to the real thing and would probably match your set very nicely for about $800. In fact, you might even be able to find a less expensive used one by now.

Posted on 3 years ago

Here's a pic with the Luxor. I'll have to dig it out and get a closeup.......

1 attachments
Posted on 3 years ago
Action Another action Something else here