Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.65762%

Rogers USA vintage drum kit ?

Love to get some qualified opinions on what this is really worth ? the price here is probably $500 - $600 USD given the value of the NZD.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Music-instruments/Instruments/Drums/Drum-kits/auction-201486498.htm

I really like the look of this kit, but you can't tell from photo's and it's about 5 hrs each way driving, we pay a lot more for petrol here ;-)

Looks good, but love to hear what you experts have to say.

Many thanks in advance ;-)>

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]With the snare and all original memrilock drum hardware (spurs, tom arms, hanging mount)....$5-600 usd is a hecka, hecka, hecka good deal.

Like...almost a steal which would make one feel a bit...guilty.x-mas1

Like...if it were around the corner from me, I'd be headed for the nearest automatic teller machine right now....

I would put the kit's value at about $800-900.

ps ~ clarify that the low tom mount and stand is also included...he's a bit ambiguous about that...but it's a memrilock too and should really be included to keep the kit whole, even if the 'hat/cymbal stands and bass pedals are not...[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

A 6.5" SuperTen is a killer drum and easily worth $350.00 or more. The set seems like a good deal if you don't mind the odd tom sizes. I love the BD and bet it is heavy sounding. The seller is right, you could pick up some more toms later.

Isaac

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="Purple"]In defense of 15" toms (the Rodney Dangerfields of tom sizes): they are really excellent....I mean, I know up until recently one had some difficulty finding all of the heads for 15"-ers that would normally be available for 16's...but that has changed now.

15" is actually my favorite sized floor/low tom. The majority of my renovated kits which are built from orphan shells use 12x15 marching shells as floor toms. They are awesome... easy to move around but as ballsy as a 16....

Yes, good point...that snare alone is worth almost what the seller is asking....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

From Jaye

[COLOR="Purple"]15" is actually my favorite sized floor/low tom...easy to move around but as ballsy as a 16....[/COLOR]

And you'll need the extra room for the 18 x 24...

LoLoLoLo

Proudly Endorsing Drums and Cymbals

Posted on 15 years ago

I don't believe Rogers made a 24 x 18 bass drum in the XP8 series , if anything it looks like a 24 x 16 at most.

Posted on 15 years ago

Thats my kit guys, yachty you're welcome to come and check them out if you want? I think the kit would have had a 18" floor originally but it only had the 2 toms when I got it. If it doesn't sell i'll scout out a 12x8" or 13x9".

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here