Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.05846%

Rogers Ultra Power drumset

I recently purchased a Rogers 1972 vintage Ultra Power kit from the original owner. It consists of two 24 inch bass drums, 8x12, 9x13, 16x16, 18x18, All original hardware and Avedis zildian cymbals. These drums are museum condition with original owners manuals and original heads and the original purchase invoice. They are obviously Fullerton drums, in New England white finish. I wasn't really looking for this set because I know the Fullerton drums are inferior to the earlier ones and I know the white finish is not that popular, and some would say the sizes are not that popular. Should I consider these a players set because of what they are, or is this a collectible set because of the condition and the fact the kit is so complete. Just looking for thoughts and opinions. Mark in San Diego

1972 Rogers Dynasonic ultra power in New England white; 1967 Dynasonic Londoner red sparkle; 1966 Ludwig Hollywood blue sparkle; 1965 Rogers Headliner in silver sparkle; 1969 Rogers Headliner in blue sparkle
Posted on 15 years ago

Mark in San Diego,

One can never have too many friends. In your travels through this life it might be nice to chance upon one such as I, who would assist with those nagging heartaches and mental distresses where drums are concerned. I would consider it an honor to shoulder this burden of yours. I will do this with no reward expected. Please box up the drums and ship them to me. PM me for the address. I'll cover shipping. That way you won't have to worry about what an amazing set of drums you have stumbled upon in the wrong finish. I will suffer through ownership for you. It's the least I can do.

Posted on 15 years ago

From mcjnic

Mark in San Diego,One can never have too many friends. In your travels through this life it might be nice to chance upon one such as I, who would assist with those nagging heartaches and mental distresses where drums are concerned. I would consider it an honor to shoulder this burden of yours. I will do this with no reward expected. Please box up the drums and ship them to me. PM me for the address. I'll cover shipping. That way you won't have to worry about what an amazing set of drums you have stumbled upon in the wrong finish. I will suffer through ownership for you. It's the least I can do.

What a NICE GUY!

And since I know that will put you over your limit on sets, I will humbly take over ownership of that '71 Slingerland Buddy Rich Outfit of yours.... same deal on shipping... send along a photo of yourself so it won't miss you too much during the transition/mourning period. Hey, what are friends for if not to help out during these times of trouble ..... Mother Mary comes to me, speaking words of wisdom .... oh wait I'm back now... what were we talking about?

Peace

Kevin
Posted on 15 years ago

Maybe I deserved that.....

1972 Rogers Dynasonic ultra power in New England white; 1967 Dynasonic Londoner red sparkle; 1966 Ludwig Hollywood blue sparkle; 1965 Rogers Headliner in silver sparkle; 1969 Rogers Headliner in blue sparkle
Posted on 15 years ago

Send them to me, I can park them in the slot thats between Dayton and Big R.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 15 years ago

Obviously we have spoken. The kit is very complete from your description. Fullerton drums were not the dogs someone has led you to believe. They are VERY nice drums. What you have there is a seriously good kit. You can clean it up and take good care of it. Above all, play the snot out of it. That's what drums are for. When you tire of it...PM me.

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Well...granted that NE White was one of the commonest of colors back then...but the setup of double bass with the 18" floor, all factory-matched...that IS a rare kit, despite the fact it may be less than eye-popping.

The 18" floor, alone...worth about $400 at least. If the 'hat stand, cymbal stand, bass pedal are original Rogers, tack on another $200 there.

It is also arguable regarding the "inferiority" issue. Granted, the lugs became more lightweight and the collet screws switched from the very solid machined type to the prone-to-cracking cast type...but the shells and edges were still very good, straight-up Rogers.... and the swivo hardware was also quite fine....

That's a nice set of drums.....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here