Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.06263%

Rogers Timbales Stands 1959-1968

Today I am going to touch a topic that I get many questions about and that is Rogers timbales stands. Rogers timbales stands are impossible to find and companies that reproduce Rogers part are not making them and if you find a stand the price is through the roof . Recently a stand showed up on e-bay and it went for $450.00. For those of you that are looking for a stand here I am going to give you a fix at a fraction of the money without drilling extra holes on the drums

1) you will need to buy Rogers-Swiv-o-matic-retro-cover-plate this is found on e-bay most of the times or many large drum shops.

2) A Gretsch diamond Plate mount.

3) You are going to take Gretsch plate and grind off rib bits off the mount and take mount clip off plate.

4) You then are going to center the clip you took off the Gretsch plate on the Rogers plate and drill two holes to fit the clip.

5) Once you have centered and drilled two holes replace clip on the Rogers plate with two screws and you new plate is done.

6) Replace the mounting plate you currently have on your Roger with new plate you just made and use it with any Ludwig tom tom Mount stand.

THIS APPLIES TO ROGERS TIMBALES MADE 1959-1968 ONLY I WILL POST ALSO FOR 70'S SPRING MOUNT ALSO

Here you also have photo so you have an idea of what it should look like as you do work.

Photo 1) Gretsch mounting plate

Photo 2) Rogers cover plate

Photo 3) After drilling and mounting clip to plate

Photo 4) Replace mounting plate with new one you just made and you are ready to use your timbales on any Ludwig stand.

Posted on 9 years ago

Now on to Rogers 1969-70's era known as Big R and Rogers biggest mess up of the timbales stand. Rogers at this point decided to change stands of the timbales by making them a type of leaf spring mount that in reality did not hold up the drums straight and most of the time buckled or broke tilt system on the stands. Worst thing they ever done. To repair this stand problem you will need as follows.

1) Large Ludwig Tom tom mount. Make sure you have the large Ludwig make two different size mount you want to have the Large.

2) Remove the clip from the Ludwig mount.

3) Remove spring leaf from the Rogers mount and replace it with Ludwig clip as shown in Photos it should fit in the same holes. Then You can use any Ludwig Tom tom stand

Found a better photo so that whom ever is looking to do this job can see how the mount really looks like also note clip mount has 4 holes smaller models have only 2 holes and will not fit Rogers mounting base.

Posted on 9 years ago

For those that use cow bells with the timbales you will have to use a Rogers Mount attached to the drum as shown in photo or a Rhythm Tech mount that mounts to any Ludwig stand. Rogers Mount you will have to drill holes. My recommendations use Rhythm tech mount it just as good and holds bells sturdy.

2 attachments
Posted on 9 years ago

From cuquito717

6) Replace the ****** plate you currently have on you Roger with new plate you just made and use it with any Ludwig tom tom Mount stand. 4) Replace ****** plate with new one you just made and you are ready to use your timbales on any Ludwig stand.

What is a "****** plate"?

Posted on 9 years ago

From JSdrums

What is a Mounting plate"?

Jajaja web site remove real name of the mount jajaja

Posted on 9 years ago

Unbelievable how much these Rogers Timbale stands have shot up in price Cuco,think i`ll hang onto the only one i have as they seem to be extra scarce these days.

Wayne

1967 Rogers Cleveland Champagne Sparkle
1967/68 Rogers Dayton Champagne Sparkle
1966 Rogers cob 7 Line Dynasonic Snare.
1967 Rogers "Humberto Morales" Timbales.
1980 Ludwig B/O badge 14x 6.5 Black Beauty Snare.
1980 Ludwig B/O badge Red Cortex
1988 Sonor "Horst Link" HLD 590 14x8 Bronze Snare
Posted on 9 years ago

Wayne The price is sky high on Rogers stands, and they are very hard to get today.

Posted on 9 years ago

Excellent fixes thanks for posting! I love seeing things like this. Good stuff Cuco thank you.

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 9 years ago
Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here