Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.46138%

Rogers swivomatic cover

I scored a 16" floor tom Fullerton era to complete my set ( I have an 18")

The tom came with the leg plate missing ( the one that goes on the rest of the pic shown in the picture.

Anyone know where would it be possible to buy just those plate instead of buying the whole thing ?

[Attachment: 106882]

1 attachments
Posted on 7 years ago

Knobby Cap + Two Pull Set Screws. Good luck. Definitely possible. I will check the Rogers guys at FB too. Machined or Cast on the mount?

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 7 years ago

It does not matter. As far as the set screw I have some DW set screw that work just fine.

Posted on 7 years ago

Fullerton era would be cast and I've always had good luck on ebay with swivo parts.

Posted on 7 years ago

It does matter for proper fit and function. After looking at the picture a bit more, your Knobby is a cast Fullerton.

Early Fullerton were machined. After a year or so, they went to the cast version.

They are not set screws.

They are Pull Set Screws. Pull Set Screws perform an entirely different function than set screws. Set screws will not work for this. If you are using set screws in these mounts you will ruin them over a rather short period of time.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 7 years ago

Thank you for the input guys. At least now I have a direction to follow..

I wonder if that place in New York that has bought Rogers left over inventory may have some of it. I know they make the Dynasonic bridge from a cast tool they got from Rogers. Maybe they have a cast for this knobby Cap ?

Posted on 7 years ago

Micro,

Al Drew's Music in Woonsocket Rhode Island may have the cast Knobby cover you need. They bought up most of the leftover Swivo parts when Rogers folded. These covers pop up occasionally on eBay, but the parts strippers are usually asking ridiculous prices for them.

Listen to Ploughman's advice regarding the set/set-pull screws. Set screws are generally intended to exert pressure at their base (like the set screws which hold swivo balls in place on Rogers tom mounts and cymbal tilters); they're not intended to hold down a plate with their tensioning head. I've used this DW screw on Rogers Knobbies, but I had to grind down the collar a bit as it was too large to fit into the Knobby's screw recesses...

[Attachment: 107066]

Good luck with your Knobby mount, and keep us posted if you have success.

Mike

1 attachments
-No Guru... still learning more every day-
Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here