Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Rogers Swivo Mount

Does anybody knows if the Yamaha Tom holder fits the swivo tom holder ?

Working on a special project and thinking of using the Yamaha holder

.[Attachment: 111243]

[Attachment: 111244]

2 attachments
19.4 kB
117.7 kB
Posted on 7 years ago

Yamaha is larger size hex.

Posted on 7 years ago

What amosguy said. I bought a couple Yamaha arms (the exact one in your photo) to mount my Rogers drums on a rack years ago, and the tapered part fits in the mount, but won't go further without a lot of force (I didn't try as I didn't want to break the collet). I ended up removing the Rogers mounts from the toms and going with RIMS mounts back then, but I've since sold the rack and gone back to the original Swivo hardware.

Which reminds me, I need to sell those Yamaha arms...they've been collecting dust for about 18 years now.

Vintage kits:
1969 Rogers Holiday - black diamond pearl (20/16/13/12)
196x Star (Lyra/Majestic) - blue sparkle pearl (22/14/13) Restoration Project
1987 Pearl KC-3500 - jet black (22/16/13/12)
Not-so-vintage kits:
2007 Hart Dynamics Professional 6.4 e-kit / Roland TDW-20
Snares:
60s Gretsch 5x14 maple WMP / 68 Ludwig 5x14 Supraphonic / 93 Pearl 3x14 Free Floating brass piccolo / 60s Star (Lyra) 5x14 luan blue sparkle pearl / 87 Pearl 6.5x14 steel
Posted on 7 years ago

This question about using Yamaha hex arms on Rogers toms pops up every so often. I managed to get the Yamaha arms to fit the Rogers collets by grinding down each side of the arm just slightly (not even a 16th of an inch). I did it on a bench grinder and the result didn't look great, but it worked. I still wouldn't recommend it. As long as you're going with non-vintage Yamaha arms, you might as well go with the RIMS mounts as Vater describes.

Mike

-No Guru... still learning more every day-
Posted on 7 years ago

I would just stay with the best tom mounting hardware ever designed--the Swivomatic.

No matter how far you push the envelope, it is still stationery.
Posted on 7 years ago

Thank you for the replay guys. It so happened I found a Yamaha YESS mount on Craigslist for $10.00 I bought it anyway. Indeed the X arm is a tad bit bigger than the swivo (I Think it has to do with metric and English size difference) Anyway I had an old swivo mount and I realize that inside the mount there is a lip. I Took a drill about 1/32 bigger and kinda reamed the hole and removed just a tad of the lip. After doing that the Yamaha mount fit perfectly. I know the swivo is always better but this was a special project. I will post picture later to show the reason I wanted to do that.

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here