Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Rogers Swivo Era Swan Leg Stands

I've really enjoyed playing, bragging and showing off my Rogers Cleveland set which I acquired about 5 years ago. Now I wish to add the period consistent hardware to it. Therefore, I'm shopping for Swan leg design straight cymbal stands, SD stand and #4401 high hat.

If you have hardware of this vintage and ready to part with it, OR know of resources I might contact to broaden my search, then I invite your reply here or my email at [email]starbuck.harrison@gmail.com[/email]. Stay safe & Play on.

1 attachments
Posted on 3 years ago

Pictures sent to email.

Posted on 3 years ago

Just an update status. Since posting above 2/13, I’ve purchased the hi hat and a Swivo BD pedal. Both pedals are matching split board design which were assembled with the double axel bolts, rather than a single friction rod for the axel. Other than the clutch being a little sloppy, I’m very pleased with action and finish condition. Now I continue search for #4012 Giant SD stand and a couple #4403 Cymbal stands.

Posted on 3 years ago

Email sent!

-Mark

Posted on 3 years ago

Nice looking setup. Is that a burgundy sparkle finish or is that another sparkle and the photo is making it look burgundy?

Posted on 3 years ago

Alas, I confess I’m guilty of posting “misinformation”! Certainly not my intention and I appreciate your question. The actual color is the familiar red glitter. At the time, the room lighting was so bright that I filtered the hue way back. Above, I’ve added a couple recent shots in a different room depicting a more accurate post. Thanks again, -Buck.

Posted on 3 years ago

Big day today, very excited!! Picked up a pair of swan leg cymbal stands today in primo condition. Couldn’t be happier. The seller (local to Seattle) purchased them new in 1969, then stored them away. These are the fixed tilter Swivo design, the top extension being a solid rod (not hollow). So, my hardware suite is complete, very functional and beautiful: matching split board 39(?) pedals, 4401 hi hat, 4012 Giant SD stand and a couple 4403 floor cymbal stands. Many thanks to forum friends idrum4fun, TommyP, Amosguy and Dan Boucher. The spoils are always better with experts like you!! Stay well, ~Buck

Posted on 3 years ago

Rogers made the most beautiful hardware, in my opinion.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 3 years ago

Hey Buck!

Very glad to hear you found your Swivo cymbal stands! Your set is now complete.

On a personal note to all our members, I've had some great phone conversations with Buck. He's got such a fantastic passion for Rogers drums and it was a real pleasure talking with him on numerous occasions. Buck also entrusted me to replace the inexpensive bronze "oilite" bearings in his Swivo pedal with NOS Torrington B68 bearings that I have. I did the same for Tommyp and am sure that Buck will be happy with these bearings.

-Mark

Posted on 3 years ago
Action Another action Something else here