Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Roger's Swiv-o-matic screw things for tom toms.

Looking for about 6 to 8 of those little screws, which tightened with a drum key. These held the toms onto the little ball (4 each). Any suggestions? I've heard of people who make them but they charge somewhere around 10 bucks each. Crazy. Is a more reasonable option out there??

Posted on 16 years ago

Hey Chuck!...

Well, ANY 1/4 20 threaded, approx. 3/8" in length "bolt", will do... but I'm sure you would want the real deal, yes? There is of course eBay... but the better way would be to contact Jim Petty as he makes these to the original Rogers specs... and ... they are $5.00 apiece. Here's the link right to the page on Jim's site that feature these: http://www.jp2creations.com/

I have bought many of these over the years from Jim... they are excellent... as are ALL the parts that he reproduces.

In a "pinch" you could use a 1/4 20 threaded "set screw" with an Allen head, but the key to the Rogers part is the CUP on the end of the set screw... it's the CUP that makes these hold the way they do... as they were originally conceived and designed!

Tommyp

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here