Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Rogers Swan Leg Cymbal stand

I picked this stand up a couple weeks ago in a pawn shop. It's very clean with no rust or even dirt. It has a silver Rogers sticker on the leg support, and at first I thought it was in perfect condition... but then I realized one of the wing screws at the top is busted out. It still functions perfectly with the two remaining wing screws and is still fully operational. These stands are so lightweight that I doubt you'd put a heavy cymbal on it anyway.

It looks exactly like the ones in the picture below, that I borrowed from the Vintage Drum Gallery. I can take pictures if need be, let me know.

I'd like to trade for a decent modern stand, Yamaha preferred but not required.

Cassidy

1 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

Ohhh! Ohhhhhh! Pick me!!!

I've got an interesting choice, and I'm looking for some swans.

PM sent.

What Would You Do
Posted on 13 years ago

From Cassidy

I picked this stand up a couple weeks ago in a pawn shop. It's very clean with no rust or even dirt. It has a silver Rogers sticker on the leg support, and at first I thought it was in perfect condition... but then I realized one of the wing screws at the top is busted out. It still functions perfectly with the two remaining wing screws and is still fully operational. These stands are so lightweight that I doubt you'd put a heavy cymbal on it anyway.It looks exactly like the ones in the picture below, that I borrowed from the Vintage Drum Gallery. I can take pictures if need be, let me know.I'd like to trade for a decent modern stand, Yamaha preferred but not required.Cassidy[img]http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13559[/img]

I was wondering how my music room ended up in your post.LoLoLoLo

Posted on 13 years ago

Okay, I finally got to spend some time with this little stand. First I put a 17" medium crash on it and played... it stayed pretty solid. I was surprised, it's rather delicate looking but it stayed standing and didn't wobble.

Second thing, it is NOT broken. The design has a gap in the top and uses two wing screws. I was surprised at this too, it doesn't seem right that it would feel as sharp as it is, but it's definitely designed this way. I guess Rogers knew what they were doing.

It's in excellent condition, just a couple scratches that are hardly noticeable. The feet are pristine, no cracks or wear spots.

So a couple folks pm'ed me that they'd post some pictures... let's see what you have?

Cassidy

Posted on 13 years ago

The wing screws are replacements. I use Big R mount thumbscrews myself. The originals had key rod end set screws. They stay great, but having to use the drum key to adjust didn't seem like the best idea to me.

Nice stand. Good luck. BTW, I have been using mine with a 22" ride for 30 years.

Posted on 13 years ago

Using the drum key for adjusting the set screws was beyond brilliant from the inventive mind of the late Joe Thompson. There is much less likelihood of stripped out screws when tightening the key-driven set screws against an oval shaped ball with a locking groove around its circumference. That dainty looking little cymbal stand is ultra sturdy. I wish that I had that one. I have a few of the set screws to restore it to original specs. The design for Swivo hardware calls for two screws adjacent to one another even though there are more than two holes. The eliptical "ball" gets firmly pushed to a side (any side) by one screw exerting pressure on the North/South axis while the other screw does the same on the East/West axis. The screws push against the flat area of the groove--not the rounded part of the "ball"

No matter how far you push the envelope, it is still stationery.
Posted on 13 years ago

From leedybdp

I wish that I had that one.

Leedy, I would love to send it to you... make me an offer on something. I'd like another boom stand for my gigging drums (non-vintage) or a cushy throne. If your item is worth more I can do a little cash thrown in. I've had lots of offers, but so far nothing I either want or can do...

Cassidy

Posted on 13 years ago

I've got a Pearl boom. Here's a goofy picture of one of the actual stands. They are holding 20 inch crashes and rides. They are definitely strong enough. Let me know if you're interested.

What Would You Do
Posted on 13 years ago

That one looks like its in nice shape. I'd hang onto it for posterity. leedybdp is right, it is a nice stand.

Posted on 13 years ago

I've made a trade for the Rogers stand with VA Drums.

Cassidy

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here