Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.45720%

Rogers Studio VII 1974: advice and opinions

Hello,

I've stumbled across this Rogers kit for sale locally.

Description is as follows:

"This is a 1974 StudioVII Rogers kit in ebony black. Made in Fullerton Ca. It consists of 4 concert toms 8" 10" 12" & 13", a 16"x16" floor tom, 14"x22" bass drum, SuperTen snare and Supreme Hi Hat. Includes Royal brand crash and ride cymbals and 'hard ass' throne. This kit is in good, original condition, still has Rogers drum heads. Kit would be suitable for rock,jazz or country;great rockabilly sound.A rare opportunity to purchase a piece of music history"

Is it any good? I'm looking for my first kit and want something different. What's it worth?

Rogered

Posted on 15 years ago

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Drums-Percussion-648/2008/7/old-rogers-drums-2.htm

I happened across this conversation online... might help you a little.... the Jim in this online conversation is not me.... 4 mounted toms?? I have enough trouble with one:) I'm still looking for a sweet little Tower kit.

The Rogers experts can jump in and give the real scoop.

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks Jim,

I stumbled across that convo too, though not 100% sure it is the same kit configuration.

I know little about drums, but all toms are mounted. If I'm explaining it correctly I guess I'm saying that from the pictures there are no heads from the bass drum. I guess this raises problems with hardware?

It's a nice looking kit, at $1500AU is it worth it? Or am I better off forking out money for a new kit? I like the idea of having something original and unique rather than just another Pearl.

I think I could offer him a bit less.

Thanks,

Daniel

Posted on 15 years ago

Well... you would need somebody smarter than me to jump in for advice on that decision.

My uneducated thinking is that anything Rogers before the early 80's will be nice to own over any import set. I could be completly wrong on that. :(

People in the know out here speak quite highly of the SuperTen snare.

Good luck on that one... nice dilema to face.. which drums should I buy??

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 15 years ago

I say no... Most of us stay away from the single headed drums. They are not worth that price in the USA, but I understand in Australia things are much harder to find.

I would not fork out for a new kit either, just keep looking and see if something comes up..

Have you checked with any of the US dealers to see if they can ship to you?

If you really want a vintage kit then you need to be patient. That is the hardest part of collecting.

You are gong to buy that new set and the next day a Rogers kit will show up!

Take your time and exhaust all of your resources..

David

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here