Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

Rogers stands and pedals?!?!?!

Apologies if this has already been covered, I did a search with no luck. I am trying to determine what style of hardware I should fit out my 1965 Cleveland Rogers Holiday set with, I want it to be period correct. I’m after the ‘swan legged’ swivomatic cymbal and snare stands but am confused when it comes to the swivomatic hi-hat and bass pedals. I understand there are two types of foot board for swivo pedals, a single piece and the pedals with a separate hinged heel plate. Which would be correct for my set? Which is better and/or worth more? I’ve been watching some e-bay auctions and can’t understand why some of these hi-hat stands go for well over $200 and others don’t get anywhere near that, same goes for the bass pedals. Of the swivomatic bass pedals I’ve noticed there are also 2 different types of footboards, one the looks the same as the ‘rocket’ pedal and the one the looks similar to the hi-hat. I hope I haven’t got you as confused as I am, and as always any help in pinpointing manufacture dates would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Posted on 16 years ago

drumarchive.com

go for the catalogues

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 16 years ago

I believe both footboards were available at the time, at least for the bass drum pedals, so either would be correct.

The non-hinged bass drum pedals were less popular, but were favored by Buddy Rich, so they tend to bring a lot of $.

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here