Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

Rogers Snare Info Needed

I'm new to this forum, but I've been trying to identify a snare drum I'm looking to sell. I've looked all over the web for a picture of a similar snare. But I can't find a match. The info:

1. Drum Shell Material -- Metal

2. Drum Finish -- Chrome

3. Drum Badge -- Rodgers "Big R" Badge, but oddly enough, no serial number section

3. Drum Dimensions -- 5 1/2" x 14"

4. Interior Finish -- Brushed metal looking

5. Hardware Configuration -- 10 beaver tail lugs, Triple flange Hoops

6. Strainer Type -- Looks similiar to a Utility strainer, but not exactly

7. The area around one of lug is dented slightly (like it was dropped) you can see it on the inside if you look closely. There is some pitting in a square shape, where a mic clip was glued on (that I removed) and maybe two other small places, most was removed when I polished it.

It looks very similar to a Dyna-sonic, except there are two sets of 3 ribs around the shell separated by about an inch instead of the standard 7 ribs on the Dyna-sonic. Can't find another like it anywhere, which makes it hard to identify. Anyone have a clue?

Posted on 16 years ago

*When Island Music licensed the Rogers name on import drums they used a vinyl Big R badge with no serial number and no Made in the USA on it.

Might be a clue but I know nothing more than what I have read in Mr. Cook's book about Rogers drums.

*cited from Rob Cook's, The Rogers Book, copyright 1999 Rebeats Publications 219 Prospect, Alma, Michigan 48801

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 16 years ago

Here is a pic of your drum........

stock photo pulled off the net from somewhere, not mine.

POS COS faux Dynasonic. Made in parts unknown, definitely not real rogers.

[IMG]http://inlinethumb06.webshots.com/34693/2676628530028342110S600x600Q85.jpg[/IMG]

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 16 years ago

Quoted post

Here is a pic of your drum........stock photo pulled off the net from somewhere, not mine. POS COS faux Dynasonic. Made in parts unknown, definitely not real rogers. [IMG]http://inlinethumb06.webshots.com/34693/2676628530028342110S600x600Q85.jpg[/IMG]

Yes, that's the one. That explains why it is so hard to find a match. I think I picked it up for $100 used, 20 years ago. Had it moth-balled in the attic, thought it might be worth something to someone. I guess not. Thanks for the quick response fellas. Keep an eye out for a similar Slingerland post, I have one of those too.

Posted on 16 years ago

Hey what the heck... even if it isn't a prized drum.. it is still a very nice and playable drum.

My wife is a public school teacher here in the city school district and I can tell you with out a doubt there is an army of music teachers who would love to be able to share a real drum with kids who can't afford one.

Most concerts are done on practice pads... if you want to move it.. go find it a good home in your local school district and take a tax write off on it.

:2Cents:

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 16 years ago

Good call Jim,

Actually after restoring/repairing this one Imight put it back in my kit. It sounds better than my Sonor snare (to me anyway) and I can definitely give that away.

Thanks again!

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here