Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Rogers Snare Drum Dates

Hey guys,

Just picked up these two Rogers snares. They haven't been cleaned yet, but can you help me date these two Rogers Dynasonic snare drums. The first snare pictured has you can see...has 4 deeper lines that run around it. The snare throw-off looks different than the other, the Dynasonic badge serial #(21618).

The second, has lighter lines that run around the shell, the snare throw-off is different. The Dynasonic badge serial is (4625).

I would assume that the second one would be older because of the serial number, but that is always not the case. Also, how can I tell if they are COB? Any ifno would be appreciated...thanks

2 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

Prostix!...

Your assumption is correct! The 7 line COB Dynasonic is the older/rarer of the two. That said:

Serial #21618, 5 line COB Dynasonic is of 1969 manufacture, Dayton, OH. These are quite ubiquitious as Rogers built MANY of the 5 line model, and this shell stayed in place until the end.

Serial #4625 with Clockface strainer/throw AND Beavertails could be LATE 1964 and is a NICE DRUM as it was one of the EARLIER 7 line shells with the switch over to Beavertail lugs from the very crack prone Bread & Butter's, but again, still with the older style Clockface strainer/throw. Also,

ALL Dynasonics are COB... ( chrome over brass ) ... it's the only way they were ever manufactured/built. The only steel shell... ( COS ) ... Rogers built was the Superten.

Tommyp

Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks for the Information Tommy.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here