Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

Rogers Snare Drum B&b Lugs

I've got a 1950s Rogers WMP Holiday Model Snare Drum with the Eagle Badge and I've been looking for 8 Bread & Butter Lugs to complete the drum.

Any "words of wisdom" would be extremely appreciated.

For the time being I might even take an alternate lug that would fit the hole pattern.

THANKS!

Posted on 16 years ago

Rogers Owners Forum.

http://com2.runboard.com/brogersownersforum

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 16 years ago

I say just drill for some Ludwig lugs!LoLoLoLo

Keep searching Ebay and the lugs will eventually turn up and they will not be cheap...

There are new replacement b&b lugs which are expensive, but will do the job.

Vintage Drum Restoration = Patience

If you are not patient, then you do crazy things! The hardest part is waiting for the part to appear. I find that after I find that hard to find part, three or four more come up!

In regards to a non-original, non b&b replacement lug the guys over at drum maker have tons of lugs to pick from..

David

Posted on 16 years ago

From OldSchool

I've got a 1950s Rogers WMP Holiday Model Snare Drum with the Eagle Badge and I've been looking for 8 Bread & Butter Lugs to complete the drum.Any "words of wisdom" would be extremely appreciated.For the time being I might even take an alternate lug that would fit the hole pattern.THANKS!

I have some of the lugs you desire... I have no use for them and would gladly send them to you...

Tom Venable aka: venableman

Posted on 16 years ago

Hi, Tom,

I just sent you a PM.

THANKS for your consideration!

Posted on 16 years ago

I looked and found that the lugs I have are few and in not so good condition.. However I'll get them out to you ASAP... I believe awhile back I recall a place in Rode Island that had Rogers parts... Perhaps they are still in business..

Tom Venable

Sorry to take so long getting back to you...

Posted on 16 years ago

Thanks, Tom.

I appreciate your help!

Posted on 16 years ago

Please consider selling before you drill. If you must, drill for beavertails instead, at least it will look appropriate. This will devalue the drum alot.

*** I BUY ROGERS DRUMS ***
Posted on 16 years ago

I can assure you that I have absolutely NO INTENTION of "drilling."

I'll wait it out and, hopefully, SOMEDAY, complete the drum as it should be.

Appreciate your comments!

Posted on 16 years ago

There are at least 2 different b&b snare lugs. I have 2 Holiday snares that I acquired without lugs. On one,Kent heavy solid brass lugs fit perfectly and sorta resemble beavertails (from a distance). On the second,the generic Pearl beavertail style lug also fit perfectly. On a matching b&b bass drum,the Pearl generic beavertail bass lug also fit w/o any modification.There are also some lugs on E Bay by Mity Lite from time to time with the same hole spacings.They look "similar" to Ludwig Classics with the 3 grooves in them.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here