Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Rogers Snare but by Yamaha?

Hi, I am told that this drum (pics attached) is a Rogers R360 but was made by Yamaha. Mind Blowi The throw looks Rogers and the butt looks Rogers as do the lug casings. It has 8 lugs. It appears to have a sticksaver Slingerland top rim that was maybe put on later. The serial number is 86XX and it is chrome over steel according to the magnet test (it stuck).

I would like to know:1) why there is no name logo & it does not appear as if there ever was one. Did Yamaha make it and not put their name on it because it was made for Rogers? Interestingly there is an "R" on it. 2) Also, I would like to know the yr of manufacture. 3)What model is it?

Thank you ever so much!

Posted on 18 years ago

Hi Drumminggal...

The Rogers R-360 snare drum you have here was in fact made by Yamaha. Rogers imported the entire R-360, and then R-380 series from Yamaha, starting in 1968.

Your drum isn't all there, as I know you know, but regardless, it appears to be of around 1970/71 manufacture to me. Of interest is that Rogers FEATURED the R-360 snare that you have here, as the snare drum in their start-up student Snare Drum Kit package.

That is in fact a Slingerland StickSaver hoop on the top, or a copy. The strainer is Rogers, it's the #393 Bantam strainer and was used on the first R-360's up to about 1971, if memory serves.

You are correct on the shell... COS, or chrome over steel. So,

You asked WHAT MODEL is it: The Rogers R-360!

Posted on 18 years ago

Thank you, Tommy! I am going to market this snare as an excellent snare for a beginner to intermediate player. It really sounds good!

Posted on 18 years ago

In the Rogers line, are the R-360 entry level, mid or high-end? Any idea about approximate cost?

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here