Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Rogers sightings, mid-60s

Things have been quiet for a couple days, so here's something for Rogers buffs...

Some of you may remember a rather forgettable teeny-bopper band in the mid-60s called "Dino, Desi, and Billy."

Desi Arnaz, Jr. was the drummer and there are a few songs on youtube that show him playing Rogers kits - one is a blue swirl (sorry for my ignorance on Rogers wraps) and the other is the same type kit in Champagne Sparkle.

No good close-ups of these kits, but I hope that Rogers buffs will appreciate seeing them.

Regards, mb

Posted on 2 years ago

Thanks for sharing.

Apparently Dino was the son of Dean Martin and thanks to that and despite the fact that Desi (Desi Arnaz Jr.) was the only one who knew how to play, they signed with Frank Sinatra's Reprise Records. A few years later Billy (Billy Hinsche, who died last November, R.I.P) was a backing musician for The Beach Boys for many years.

Posted on 2 years ago

One was a Rogers Headliner with the 14x14 FT option (more or less) in blue onyx. I have one in boxes somewhere in the barn and have had a couple similar over the years. Nice sets.

My understanding is they all could play to some degree, but Hinchey did go on to a fair amount of studio work with the Beach Boys and vocal work others after DD&B. His sister was married to Carl Wilson at one juncture. Martin Jr., unfortunately, was lost in an Airforce jet, crashing into the side of a mountain in a snow storm in '87.

Posted on 2 years ago
Action Another action Something else here