Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Rogers Shell Mounted Cymbal L-arm and "Knobby" Mount

Greetings,

Looking for the L-arm style cymbal arm (not the straight or Swivo-Type hex arms) and the "knobby" mount, which I believe is also the same mount that was used for the hex floor tom legs.

Thanks,

V

Posted on 3 years ago

Hi V!

The Rogers L-arm is getting tough to find these days! Those I've found on eBay are going for high prices! Steve Maxwell offered a very nice repro L-arm, but I'm not sure if he has any more.

As to the Knobby unit, there were two different styles. One for hex rods, such as floor tom legs and one for smooth round cymbal arms. The one for hex rods was raised above the mounting plate and had an oval-shaped opening, while the style for L-arms was mounted directly to the plate and had a round opening. Two pictures are attached from my kit, showing the different styles.

Almost forgot, during the Fullerton era, the Knobby was re-designed as a cast piece that could be used for both hex rods and round rods! It's not a bad unit and the style I'm using on my custom 12x15 Rogers floor tom.

-Mark

3 attachments
Posted on 3 years ago
Action Another action Something else here