Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

rogers serial numbers

I`v just bought a big R Dynasonic COB snare and wondered if anyone can date it for me the # is D608672 it`s a beautiful example of the line and I wonder if the later ones had any major changes from earlier models?I had an early 70`s model I owned and played for 20 years and don`t even want to embaris myself by telling how I let it get away.I love the sound and how they cut through,even without being amped.Any help would be great.

Gary

Posted on 17 years ago

Probably 1975-76. Although, there were some duplicate serials later in the run. you would have to judge that by the type of knob on the throwoff and the dampener.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 17 years ago

Ploughman:Thanks for the info,can you elaborate as to the two items you mentioned.Also is there a major difference between the older Dynasonics and the Big R`s as it relates to quality and sound?Thanks for any help you may be give.

Posted on 17 years ago

That could turn into a book. In fact, it did. The Rogers Drum Book. By Rob Cook.

With Rogers Dynasonic Snares, you have a many faceted j e w e l of history. I bought a mid 60s Dynasonic shell, and stripped down my 1977 Big R shell, they weighed almost the same. The quality of the shells is virtually the same, although some might dispute this, and like any production part, there will be variants in quality control between individual pieces in the same production run. The Lugs for a mid 60s Dyna are heavier than the 1977 versions. Side by side, few people could tell which is which given equal tuning and set up. As to the knob on the throw off and dampener......especially with the throwoff.... the size changes from era to era. I am not exactly sure of the particulars on this, but having drums that span 1965-1983.....Seven Dynasonics, I can readily look at each drum and notice changes in the Swivomatic Throwoff. Especially in the size, shape, and quality of the knob. With the earlier drums having a smaller solid knob, Fullerton drums having a larger knob, and Big R drums changing from this larger solid knob to a lighter weight cheaper version by the 1983 year. (I have two drums from this period) Also, The dampener on my 1983 maple XP10 Dynasonic was cheesy. I replaced it with an earlier Fullerton Big R period dampener.

hope this helps. Tommy P is the real expert here.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 17 years ago

Ploughman:Thanks for the input,I think I saw a pic of some of your kits,some guys just have the good life,nice collection.GaryCool

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here