Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Rogers Red Sparkle 20, 12, 14

If anyone is interested in a nice Rogers Louis Bellson Citation in red sparkle pearl and 20, 12, 14 configuration, please send a PM. The price on the forum is $1600 plus the shipping to your location. These are Cleveland era drums with serial numbers 55xxx, 55xxx and 56xxx. Most likely from '65, but could be '66. Overall photo shown with the snare that I no longer have. Also seen is a two-way clamp that will not be included. You get the three drums, the bass legs and tom arm and the long floor tom legs that are correct for the 14x14 tom. Details to anyone interested.

Thanks,

1 attachments
Posted on 5 years ago

Nice kit Dan! GLWS

Posted on 5 years ago

Dan!

Your kit is a real beauty...and one of my favorite Rogers finishes! I hope they find a new home. Best of luck to you!

-Mark

Posted on 5 years ago

No takers here. Sold on Reverb. I gave the guy a very good deal. I'm glad they are moving on to someone who is going to play them. Many down. A couple to go.

A year of so back, there were comments about the effort to pack and ship. At the time I didn't think it was too big a deal. I have to admit it's getting to be a hassle. Drove 30 miles to UPS to get a decent rate (lately about $75 versus USPS at nearly double that and even more at the local shipping concern here in mid-coast Maine). UPS store was closed due to lack of power owing to a car accident overnight. Bummer. Thirty miles back and nothing accomplished.

Have to make the trip again tomorrow. Too much lugging. I'm glad there are just two to go (and one is lighter because it has a very small bass drum. I must be getting old!

Thanks guys.

Posted on 5 years ago

I hear your pain it seamed so easy years ago but now it’s a pain in the but

I stopped selling because of all that

Gary

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 5 years ago

Why did you not schedule UPS to do a home pickup? Was there a big difference in price?

Posted on 5 years ago

75 bucks is a lot cheaper to ship a set than I would have thought.

Posted on 5 years ago

High shipping costs...and the hassle of packing up a kit as I get older...are the major reasons I won't be listing many of my vintage kits on sites like eBay or Reverb. Yes, I've shipped many kits over the years and not a single box, and the contents inside, was damaged. Still, it just takes too much effort now to properly box up a kit. As to shipping, I never make money on this, but the high cost can turn off prospective buyers. I sold my beautiful 1968 Slingerland Buddy Rich kit not that long ago. Properly packed in 4 boxes, the shipping cost, by FedEx Ground, was close to $250!

-Mark

Posted on 5 years ago

Awesome kit Dan, someone sure got a beauty in the best sizes to boot! I agree about the hassle of shipping kits. I've shipped right about 10 kits and that's about 9 too many! The last kit I shipped was early this month. It was a 22/13/14/16 with a heavy double tom stand. I used three boxes:

24x24x21 (22,16,13)

17x17x15 (14)

7x6x29 (Pearl stand)

Everything was packed, weighed and measured at home. Using my free FedEx shipping account I purchased shipping and printed labels at home. I was shocked that the total for shipping and insuring ($1,200) was only $107. Shipping across country is what's expensive, this kit was shipped from Florida to North Carolina. My experience is that UPS is much higher than FedEx.

Are you at least keeping one drum set? I've thought about pairing down some myself. I certainly don't need to be buying anything these days (unless someone has a 8x12 LA Camco tom in Stradivarius...).

Dan
(red66charger)

Looking for:
- L.A. Camco 12" Stradivarius Tom Tom
Posted on 5 years ago

and why I still have my Rogers Blue Onyx kit from 63.

For sale locally here in SoCal. Not shipping exactly for the reasons listed above.

I don't mind keeping them..

Posted on 5 years ago
Action Another action Something else here