Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.25887%

Rogers Red Onyx Cleveland Holiday Kit

There's a pretty good chance that I'll be moving a Cleveland-Era Rogers Holiday Red Onyx Kit in the near future due to space constraints as well as the fact that I need some additional funding to support another project I'm currently working.

I purchased the kit earlier this year but haven't made use of it since that time. It consists of a 20 inch bass, 12 inch rack tom and 14 inch floor tom. The serial numbers on the Holiday Cleveland Labels are very close to eachother. Both toms have some minor scrapes and scratches and the rack tom will need the muffler assembly replaced. Other than that, however, both toms are extremely sound, both functionally and cosmetically. The wrap (not the shell) on the bass drum had several cracks so I had it professionally re-wrapped over at The Precision Drum Company in New York. I'm extremely pleased with the match to the wrap on the other two pieces.

Should I decide to sell the kit, I'm trying to determine whether to do so as a "complete kit" or as individual "stand-alone" pieces. Normally, I wouldn't even consider splitting a kit for selling purposes. However, since the bass drum has now been re-wrapped, it would probably make a difference to prospective buyers. Another issue is that I've noticed the ridiculous (IMHO) prices currently being paid for 14 inch Rogers floor toms.

Prior to any possible sale I wanted to get some feedback from "the experts" (you guys!) regarding which way to go.

ANY AND ALL recommendations would be GREATLY appreciated.

As usual, THANKS in advance for your help!Clapping Happy2

Posted on 15 years ago

you may want to take advantage of the high floor tom prices as they will settle down eventually....but really, I have no experience in this field...just m2cents

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here