Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.06263%

Rogers re-ring and lug, grrrrrr!

I noticed recently that my re-ring had unglued on my wood Dynasonic, about an inch and a half, i put carpenters glue with a clamp but not sure if it stuck very well, i checked it about an hour ago and i think it did not stick... Any suggestions? Help2

Also, on one of my COB dynas, the tension rods don't screw in properly, I've taken them apart and they seem to be fine but when they get about 3/4 in I nedd to put them in a vise to be able to screw the whole tension rod in, it squeeks and i have to really force it in, on 2 of them i wasn't even able to go through... Help please!!! Hmmmm

Thanks!

Posted on 13 years ago

Make sure the rering area is clean of loose debris. Reglue it. Put glue on both the rering and the shell.You might need more than 1 clamp to get it to sit because of the contour. And let the the glue set overnight before removing the clamps.Patience is the key.JonniStix has a video on youboob how to do it.

Search Karstenboy.

The lugs will probably need to be retapped. 9 out of 10 times that will work.

Don't force the rods anymore till you get it straightened out.

Cheers,BigE

Posted on 13 years ago

Good high resolution pics are absolutely necessary here.

I might even suggest sending the wood Dynasonic out....... to someone very very reputable for the repair.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 13 years ago

Make sure the tension rods are the correct length

Jeff
Posted on 13 years ago

Thanks guys,yeah I think re-taping would be the way to go with these lug nuts, do they sell these things or do i go somewhere to get it done?

As for my Wood Dyna, it semms it has stuck, stuck well, not so sure.... I thought of maybe putting a small screw in the side... Jussst kidding!! If I actually have to re-do this work I will send it off to someone, I think this one is worth it since it's museum condition.

Thanks

Posted on 13 years ago

7/8!...

Very pretty Dynasonic for sure!... however ... you have your snare frame/snares, and guards on BACKWARDS. The "cut-out" in the guard and the snare "tension screw assembly" should be strainer side with the "closed" guard butt side. Here's a pic of my 1966 WMP Dynasonic for reference...

Tommyp

1 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

Yeah I know, I put it back together yesterday in a rush and noticed but I was just to busy. Nice colour snare, do you play it or keep it hidden? I got this snare not long ago, up in the air on buying some old batter hoop, slapping it on there to be able to play it...

Posted on 13 years ago

7/8!...

The 1966 I attached is part of a dedicated Buddy Rich snare drum collection, thus I don't steadily gig on it, although I have many times. I DO gig on my 1967 Rogers wood/WMP snare drum as that is my MAIN snare! ( check my avatar pic! ) It looks identical save the WMP is a much more "yellow"... the 1966 is in MINT condition as the pic might attest. Yours is a BEAUTY!, and I would most certainly play/gig it!... no real worries on wrap fade/yellowing with RS! :-D I thought you might be savy as to the fact that the drum was assembled backwards... but sometimes I have found that guys didn't know! Enjoy it... it's a beauty!

Tommyp

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here