Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.66180%

Rogers R380 Restoration

Hello, I'm a newbie on this forum, just getting started on a drum restoration and just getting started as a drummer. I picked up a 1980 Rogers R-380 shell pack for $150 to start on. I also have a full set of XP8 hardware. I expect this project to take a good long time, but will periodically post up picture links to see progress.

I hope to contribute and learn from you all!

Pictures so far here:

Rogers R-380 Restoration

Chris Of Maine
Posted on 8 years ago

My son and I looked at a set of those at a shop in Winchester,MA.In tough shape with many broken lugs, and still asking close to $300. But if you need it, you need it. Same finish and time period. I'd have paid $100 for them.

Posted on 8 years ago

Welcome Chris, looks like a real cool project. We love to watch progress and there are plenty of Rogers experts here to help out.

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 8 years ago

Those are pretty cool. Is it a wood veneer or a plastic wrap inside and out? I like how the inside matched. Look cool with clear heads. And welcome always nice to meet new VDF members.

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 8 years ago

Perfect set to learn on...Good luck to you!!

Cheers

1976 Ludwig Mach 4 Thermogloss 26-18-14-14sn
1978 Ludwig Stainless 22-22-18-16-14-13-12 c/w 6-8-10-12-13-14-15-16-18-20-22-24 concert toms
1975 Sonor Phonic Centennials Metallic Pewter 22-16-13-12-14sn (D506)
1971 Ludwig Classic Bowling Ball OBP 22-16-14-13
1960's Stewart Peacock Pearl 20-16-12-14sn
1980`s Ludwig Coliseum Piano Black 8x14 snare
1973 Rogers Superten 5x14 & 6.5x14 COS snares
1970`s John Grey Capri Aquamarine Sparkle 5x14 snare
1941 Ludwig & Ludwig Super 8x14 snare
Posted on 8 years ago

From teverson-sr

My son and I looked at a set of those at a shop in Winchester,MA.In tough shape with many broken lugs, and still asking close to $300. .

That has got to be the same shell pack I bought. The shop was right off a rotary with two adjacent gas stations.

Chris Of Maine
Posted on 8 years ago

From FFR428

Those are pretty cool. Is it a wood veneer or a plastic wrap inside and out? I like how the inside matched. Look cool with clear heads. And welcome always nice to meet new VDF members.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. The outside is a wood veneer, the inside I can't tell yet. It is either VERY thin wood veneer or plastic. I'll dig around a little under the tom mount plate to see.

On my Smugmug picture link, each picture has detailed comments, and the ability to post comments or questions. Feel free to ask questions about things there too, that way future visitors can get the process details. Smugmug is an ad free site.

My goal is to learn what I'm doing with a non-true-vintage set, then upgrade at a later time to a USA built Rogers kit. So far it has been fun.

Chris Of Maine
Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here